Rockliffe

Win10 Won't Start

I have to admit, I absolutely hate Windows 10! An OS too clever for it's own good. Anyway, I could do with some help. I had been experiencing some issues with P3DV4 not working correctly. After submitting flight details etc and clicking start flight, it would begin to load a flight and then simply disappear from the screen. No explanation or anything. Having initiated several different actions to try and get it working, with no success, I decided to do a system restore. After the system restore initiated, it appeared that the screen was stuck on the action for about half an hour, far longer than I have experienced before, so I left it for another 30 minutes. Following an hour of nothing happening, I switched off the computer and rebooted, and this is where things have stalled. The PC simply won't boot into Windows. All I have is a black screen with the curser. No timer turning round or anything, other than the curser on screen. I have tried to get into safe mode, but with no success. Once I get back into Windows I can install a backup. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Cheers.

Edited by Rockliffe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As a relatively new Windows 10 user the one thing I did when I first got a new laptop is to create a bootable USB stick. You need a minimum of 32Gb but it will probably save your bacon should something critical happen.

I use Aomei Backupper (free for personal use) and copy my backups from a NAS box to an external HDD. That will allow me to do a full restore should the worst happen.

Good luck!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, wwdavis said:

I always make clone backups of my drives.

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As a relatively new Windows 10 user the one thing I did when I first got a new laptop is to create a bootable USB stick. You need a minimum of 32Gb but it will probably save your bacon should something critical happen.

I use Aomei Backupper (free for personal use) and copy my backups from a NAS box to an external HDD. That will allow me to do a full restore should the worst happen.

Good luck!

Thanks fellas. All sorted. I thought I had mislaid a Macrium bootable media disc, so was panicking a little, but after conducting a proper search I found the DVD disc which I made from last year. It worked a treat! Once into Windows I just reinstalled my Macrium backups from 4 weeks ago! Awesome work for a free programme. I can thoroughly recommend Macrium Reflect. Thanks again for the help guys, appreciated.

• Like 1

Glad it worked out It is a real nightmare to reinstall from scratch especially all the licensing and configurations.

I use Ease to do but Macrium is also a great tool to have.

Edited by pcmill
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Good luck! 

Bright idea !!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.