Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

No display in panel (resolved)

I have tried searching for a solution to this problem but I didn't find anything.  I don't know when or how the problem started but in my A2A C182 and Comanche the panel unit (GTN-750

) is blank but when I click the bezel to pop out the GTN, the display is operational.  The pop out, not the panel display.  I have tried reinstalling the aircraft and RXP GTN but no improvement.  MY RXP installation for my A2A Bonanza works fine. 

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Hi Bill,

This most likely tells the panel.cfg doesn't have any RXP GTN gauge in the VCcockpit sections?

Or there are RXP GTN gauges but the RealityXP.GTN.ini tells to not render anything for the VCcockpit sections (think missing 'instance rendering' section - see User's Manual p10)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you.  I will check that out right away.  And thanks again for a great add-on.  I just purchased the 650 also.

Bill

Edit:  Thank you for the great product support too.  🙂

Edited by Bill Griffith
  • Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

" This most likely tells the panel.cfg doesn't have any RXP GTN gauge in the VCcockpit sections? "

That was it.  I made the appropriate entries and balance the screen brightness.  Good to go.

Thank you for the assistance.

Bill

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill, I am having the same problem as you describe above, new purchase of the GTN 750 in my Comanche. I dont even know what the bezel is so not sure what  entries i need to adjust and which cfg files.

any assistance would be appreciated. Iused the comanche panel configuration posted by Bills511 from forum mods

Richard

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

7 hours ago, raknal said:

Bill, I am having the same problem as you describe above, new purchase of the GTN 750 in my Comanche. I dont even know what the bezel is so not sure what  entries i need to adjust and which cfg files.

any assistance would be appreciated. Iused the comanche panel configuration posted by Bills511 from forum mods

Richard

Richard,
Would you open the Comanche's panel.cfg file with a text editor such as Notepad, and copy and paste the contents of that file's  [vcockpit03] section into a reply here?  The panel.cfg file will be found in the panel subfolder for that aircraft.  The typical path for a straight c:\ drive entry is something like the following.

C:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche\panel

A default FSX installation would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche\panel

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The panel cfg file on my computer is C/users/Richard/Prepar3Dv4Add-0ns/A2A/SimObjects/Airplanes/A2A_PA24_250_Comanche/panel

[VCockpit03]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GTN750
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 0,0,677,794,UNIT1

Thanks for your assistance

Richaes

Richard Mawkes

50 minutes ago, raknal said:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 0,0,677,794,UNIT1

That [vcockpit03] is calling for the F1 GTN

For the RXP GTN750 it should look like this:
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0,0,677,794

And if I recall you may need to also configure a no_bezel option.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Great that fixed it, came on as soon as i powered up the aircraft. Next question: right clicking in the GTN screen does NOT bring up the popup screen, any thoughts on this

Cheers

Richard

Richard Mawkes

46 minutes ago, raknal said:

Great that fixed it, came on as soon as i powered up the aircraft. Next question: right clicking in the GTN screen does NOT bring up the popup screen, any thoughts on this

Cheers

Richard

Did you configure the popup in the Add Ons menu?  Installing is a two step process. One is replacing an existing gauge with an RXP, the other is setting up a pop up and location.

I am using the no_bezel option with the Comanche. Cannot remember if that is needed to get to the popup or not.  See Page 11 of the RXP GTN User Manual,

Frank Patton
ASUS