Flysimware

FSX box activation issue

Why do i always get the server can't be reached try later when i try to activate FSX box? This started about a year ago. I am sick of using the phone system.

I am using FSX box with a separate Acceleration box. So this is not gold edition which included both in 1 box.

And this is for W7 and is not the W10 issue. Windows 10 your forced to use the phone system after ACC is installed because it will say activated as long as your online. But if your offline it will ask everytime you restart the sim.

So both windows 7 and 10 have issues now. 

Edited by Flysimware

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had to reactivate FSX+Acc (separate boxed) few months ago after changing the motherboard and I think (but am not completely sure) that online activation worked for that. I only had to use the phone activation for Windows 7 itself.

That's my issue right now is windows 7. It will not register online.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:52 AM, Flysimware said:

That's my issue right now is windows 7. It will not register online.

Unfortunately that's quite common, but doing it over the phone once may unlock online activations again for the next time, unless your hardware changes too much or the next activation is too soon or something like that. I don't know the exact rules, if they change over time, and they may even be different for retail and OEM versions.

There is a thread in the main FSX forum about this. Apparently others are having the same problem with the online activation servers.

The phone activation still works according to one user. 

• Upvote 1