Sign in to follow this  
severniae

PMDG 747-400F flows question

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure some operationally realistic flows for the 747-400f V3 from PMDG. I've done some small customisation but there are a few switch settings that I can't find the command for and was wondering if anyone might help?

First, for the hydraulic on demand system, prior to start for the 400f 1 & for should be in aux, and 2 & 3 in auto. The flow has them all go to auto, is there a command for the aux position? I tried "hydraulic on demand pump one arm" but that actually puts it in the on position.

Also for the power up flows, for both APU and Ground start, in the freighter you should connect gen 1 and leave gen 2 (or connection 2) for the cargo handlers - I can't see though how to accomplish this as one of the F/O's flows - anyone know what the command is?

There may be a few more (took me ages to find the right command for putting the landing gear in neutral!)

Also, what are the other triggers for the F/O to perform certain actions? I've seen him doing things when certain things happen but I can't actually find where to configure this, and see what is programmed to happen and when. 

Many thanks,

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

19 minutes ago, severniae said:

First, for the hydraulic on demand system, prior to start for the 400f 1 & for should be in aux, and 2 & 3 in auto. The flow has them all go to auto, is there a command for the aux position? I tried "hydraulic on demand pump one arm" but that actually puts it in the on position.

Proper flow is to turn the #4 Pump into Aux, wait for pressure in the brake system.  Then #1 in Aux or Auto. Then #2 in Auto then #3 Auto.  Wait for the proper annunciation to display for before moving to the next pump.

Also for the power up flows, for both APU and Ground start, in the freighter you should connect gen 1 and leave gen 2 (or connection 2) for the cargo handlers - I can't see though how to accomplish this as one of the F/O's flows - anyone know what the command is?

One generator is enough to power all electrical needs for the flight crew preparing the aircraft. On the ground always leave on Gen in 'Avail' to provide electrical power to the main deck.  Only switch to 'On' during the Before Start Flows.

Also, what are the other triggers for the F/O to perform certain actions? I've seen him doing things when certain things happen but I can't actually find where to configure this, and see what is programmed to happen and when. 

I'm assuming you are talking about an add-on to the sim itself? 

Answered above.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the above, and you are quite correct re the prodedures!

The question I'm asking is specific to the MCE addon - for the first officer automation (or back end commands to achieve events in the flows!)

Cheers,

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, severniae said:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the above, and you are quite correct re the prodedures!

The question I'm asking is specific to the MCE addon - for the first officer automation (or back end commands to achieve events in the flows!)

Cheers,

James

Doh, missed the thread group.  Sometimes it's hard to read thru these on my phone.  Thought this was the PMDG area. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thibodba57 said:

Doh, missed the thread group.  Sometimes it's hard to read thru these on my phone.  Thought this was the PMDG area. My bad.

No problems! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure some operationally realistic flows for the 747-400f V3 from PMDG. I've done some small customisation but there are a few switch settings that I can't find the command for and was wondering if anyone might help?

First, for the hydraulic on demand system, prior to start for the 400f 1 & for should be in aux, and 2 & 3 in auto. The flow has them all go to auto, is there a command for the aux position? I tried "hydraulic on demand pump one arm" but that actually puts it in the on position.

Also for the power up flows, for both APU and Ground start, in the freighter you should connect gen 1 and leave gen 2 (or connection 2) for the cargo handlers - I can't see though how to accomplish this as one of the F/O's flows - anyone know what the command is?

There may be a few more (took me ages to find the right command for putting the landing gear in neutral!)

Also, what are the other triggers for the F/O to perform certain actions? I've seen him doing things when certain things happen but I can't actually find where to configure this, and see what is programmed to happen and when. 

Many thanks,

James

You can definitely have separate flows for the Freighter variant.

Did a quick test and indeed "aux" position isn't covered.

Will be sorted this week. And yes, the command as you guesses would be "hydraulic on demand pump four to aux" OR "hydraulic on demand pump four to auxiliary" .

The command to set demand pump OFF and having it go to ON is very likely P3D V4 related. It's working when tested in FSX. Will get it sorted too.

There are no separate commands for GPU plugs. When commanded on, both will be set to ON and vice versa.

It's not that it can't be done, just that nobody bothered with that so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Gerald! Help much appreciated.

Do you think the separate GPU plugs/APU generators will be implemented at some point?

The reason being that when setting up and loading cargo, the cargo operations use plug 2 etc... so if its engaged the nose door for instance loses power!

Cheers,

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, severniae said:

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure some operationally realistic flows for the 747-400f V3 from PMDG. I've done some small customisation but there are a few switch settings that I can't find the command for and was wondering if anyone might help?

First, for the hydraulic on demand system, prior to start for the 400f 1 & for should be in aux, and 2 & 3 in auto. The flow has them all go to auto, is there a command for the aux position? I tried "hydraulic on demand pump one arm" but that actually puts it in the on position.

Also for the power up flows, for both APU and Ground start, in the freighter you should connect gen 1 and leave gen 2 (or connection 2) for the cargo handlers - I can't see though how to accomplish this as one of the F/O's flows - anyone know what the command is?

There may be a few more (took me ages to find the right command for putting the landing gear in neutral!)

Also, what are the other triggers for the F/O to perform certain actions? I've seen him doing things when certain things happen but I can't actually find where to configure this, and see what is programmed to happen and when. 

Many thanks,

James

Latest MCE version V2.7.8.2 should address issue with setting on demand pumps to "aux" position.

Also, package now fully compatible with P3D V4.4

Let us know if you need further PMDG 747 specific tweaking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this