Sign in to follow this  
Guest neslesman

I have found a fast enough system for FSX and FS9 30 plus frames

I just built a new computer and tried the FSX demo and with almost all the sliders at least 85% and AI trafic at 50% all around and 1280 by 1024 X32 I get around 30 plus frames and very smooth flight, the best I ahve ever had. In addition I have every addon for fs9 you can imagine and as an example I have the Imagine Denver scenery with all the AI ect in a thunderstorm with Level D 767 and I still get 30 plus locked frames. I tried unlimited and saw frame rates as high as 110 and as low as 28. I was almost loosing interest as I had good performace before for my 2.4 Pentium but never really what I wanted and now it is a whole new ballgame and I love it. Now to the system.Intel Core2Duo E 6600 with ASUS P5B mother board LGA775 FSB1066MHZ.2gig of DDR2 PC6400 Dual OCS 800MHZ with the Platinum HeatSpreader.EGeForce 7900GT KO 256MB video card nothing overclocked and a 500 watt Enermax Liberty power supply with 22amps at 12volts as that is waht the card requirments say on the box. :-) :D

Hey, is that the vanilla P5B or the deluxe edition? I'm looking at the standard one, because I really don't need the extra stuff on the deluxe, I hear its still rock-stable, and has some overclock ability.Otherwise, that's a very similar system to what I'm building.

I thinks it's the lower line one as it dosn't have DTS sound and I think there is another one that comes with some sound controller that plugs into the back. I ahve only had it for a day now and only have about one hour in FSX but so far it has been great. I have also flown FS9 for about 4 hours and I had a problem with PMG737 but it said it was a Nvidia Driver problem and it locked up the computer so I went to the EVGA website and got the latest drivers and it works great so far. I am more than happy with the quality and the speed and if it can work in the final version as good as this one I am going to be one ofthe happiest simmers around. Make sure you have a good power supply as everyone I talked to said that you can't have to much power.Thanks Shayne

Sounds great! Makes me really look forward to the hardware we are going to see later this year, and next year!RhettAMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest nels

Shayne,Best watch out you don't get flamed, as I did, for upgrading 'way to soon' to Core 2 Duo. I myself am receiving the same excellent performance as you. It is a whole new ball game and I love it too. Bring on the final release.Nels

Just remember you are flying default planes around default scenery that includes about 95% water. Also there is little or no AI/trucks/animals/jetways etc in the demo. With the full version you can probably expect about 10-15 fps at most, unless you upgrade to dx10.

Hi ShayneCould you max everything out (turn off bloom), set fair weather and sit on the runway at Princess Juliana in the microlight so that you can see the panel and the hills (might need to zoom out a bit). Let me know what frames you get. I just want to check my system. Hopefully you get something in the region of 12-16 fps.Thanks

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest archtx

>Intel Core2Duo E 6600 with ASUS P5B mother board LGA775>FSB1066MHZ.>2gig of DDR2 PC6400 Dual OCS 800MHZ with the Platinum>HeatSpreader.>EGeForce 7900GT KO 256MB video card nothing overclocked and a>500 watt Enermax Liberty power supply with 22amps at 12volts>as that is waht the card requirments say on the box. :-) :D This is very encouraging, as it is a less expensive system than I thought I would have to build. I probably won't get quite as good of performance as I will re-use my current 6800GT-256 MB card until the Direct-X 10 cards are readily available. What brand of memory did you buy? And what kind of case? Any additional cooling?I priced out your system at about $1150, not counting the video card...does that sound about right? (Hope I'm not being too nosy!)

>...With the full>version you can probably expect about 10-15 fps at most,>unless you upgrade to dx10.Utter rubbish. Why do you think that just because MS makes available a new set of common programming instructions that ATI and nVidia are suddenly able to make enormous leaps in processing power?You may even find that the first DX10 cards are actually slower than the current fastest DX9 cards.

>Utter rubbish. Why do you think that just because MS makes>available a new set of common programming instructions that>ATI and nVidia are suddenly able to make enormous leaps in>processing power?>There is NO rubbish in what he wrote, I guess you must be having basic problems with reading and understanding english text. His main point about performance drop while flying somewhere else than around water-dominated scenery is perfectly valid. In his small remark about DX-10 he never claimed any "enormous" leap in processing power or performance. He merely hinted that DX10 may be helpful. Ability to read and understand what others wrote seems to be in short supply on this forum.Michael J.

> Utter rubbish..1. Load fs2004 and fly around St Maarten in clear weather, high traffic - note avg fps.2. Switch location to KJFK and fly around and note avg fps.3. Calculate drop in avg fps.4. Apply percentage to your current fps in the fsx demo.You'll see what I mean.

Guest neslesman

Perhaps a dumb question here but do you think we will see better perfomance when DX10 comes out when using our current hardware/software, everything else and FS9? I was afraid it might be worse or the same without components and game optimized for DX10. Much of this stuff is quite new to me but I've been an information magnet and sponge since FS9 came into my life.Either way FS won't be optimized for another generation unless they know something we don't. Hey, maybe they do.

I maxed everthing out and got 12-16 also and it was still flyable, not great but not as bad as I expected. My old computer crshed so I had to biuld a new one and if I have to get Vista and a new video card in a year so be it, At least I am one of the fortunate ones that can afford it but I am also 38 and have been working for years.Shayne