Sign in to follow this  
adl320

P3D 4.4 & 8i: Smooooth

It's pretty common to see wheels sunk slightly into the ground on airport scenery developed by many including FSDT, T2G, LatinVFR... the list goes on.  This is because the texture sheet has to be a small distance above the surface to prevent z-bias fighting, causes flickering.  Products designed with the latest P3D SDK are able to manipulate the z-bias when compiled but at the expense of not being compatible with FSX.  For this reason Flightbeam and FSDT and others have announced that all new products will not be backward compatible with FSX.

As fare as "serious bleed through," I cannot comment because none of my nine T2G sceneries have this problem, in fact I've only seen this problem with FSDT KLAS when there was an incompatibility with Orbx that was resolved very quickly.  Maybe this is something related to Doug's camera addon settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the comments, folks.  I understand the sinking issue, but it was up to the wheel axles on the nose and mains, so very extreme with this scenery.  I went ahead and deactivated the "VHHH Terrain" component and the bleed issue is completely gone, but so is some of the other eye candy T2G included with their scenery in the greater Hong Kong area.  The airport is 100% complete and looks great, so this works for now.

I use Chaseplane for my camera, Dan... so I'll have to dig a bit deeper to see how this might be the problem.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

58 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Thanks for the comments, folks.  I understand the sinking issue, but it was up to the wheel axles on the nose and mains, so very extreme with this scenery.  I went ahead and deactivated the "VHHH Terrain" component and the bleed issue is completely gone, but so is some of the other eye candy T2G included with their scenery in the greater Hong Kong area.  The airport is 100% complete and looks great, so this works for now.

I use Chaseplane for my camera, Dan... so I'll have to dig a bit deeper to see how this might be the problem.

I had a similar problem with my wheels "sinking" into the terrain. I fixed it by ensuring that the airport scenery (VHHH) sits in a higher priority than the VHHH-TERRAIN folder. Like this

uQqzyTw.png

Edited by Spencer Yackee
  • Upvote 1

Good point, the terrain folder needs to be below the airport folder on the Scenery Library List.  The way to guarantee this is to ensure the terrain comes before the airport if you are using an add-on.xml file, wherein things are ordered in the order read.  First read is lowest on list.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I had a similar problem with my wheels "sinking" into the terrain. I fixed it by ensuring that the airport scenery (VHHH) sits in a higher priority than the VHHH-TERRAIN folder.

35 minutes ago, downscc said:

Good point, the terrain folder needs to be below the airport folder on the Scenery Library List.  The way to guarantee this is to ensure the terrain comes before the airport if you are using an add-on.xml file, wherein things are ordered in the order read.  First read is lowest on list.

That did it guys... I had them reversed.  Love these forums!  Appreciate all your input!

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I agree, it feels pretty smooth in 4.4 May be placebo but i cannot remember having a big difference from lets say the 777 to the 748 on 4.3. But somehow now there is actually a quite noticeable difference. Maybe not directly in the fps but the microstutters seem to be less now. And if you meant with "Smooth" that there are no problems i have to agree too ^^. Didnt see some so far.

But yeah, placebo is real with this often...Anyway its still my favorite in whole P3D world. Glad you enjoy it too. And yes, VHHH works as you can see. Not all v3 scenery though. Or at least not fault free.

As others have mentioned already, try VHHX 🙂 Its not active anymore irl but i can guarantee you a worthy scenery here. This one is really nice. One can see the age a bit here and there but its actually full v4, with dynamic lights and that.

And you will be really exited on this approach. Probably you know it already but Kai Tak was the one that leads directly into the heart of Hong.Kong. Very very crazy approach. And only a few pilots were allowed. Better said one needed training to fly there.

have fun^^

Edited by Senchai

BetaTeamB.png

2 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Do you have Orbx Global Vector Doug? Because with my T2G LFPG, I have to run the configurator and remove the LFPG exception in it, otherwise I get really bad scenery sinking issue.

Hi John,

Yes I do, but I did not have to run the AEC tool since readjusting the scenery order (as mentioned above) did the trick.  No more sinking and the airport looks excellent.

Doug Miannay