adl320

P3D 4.4 & 8i: Smooooth

Updated P3D to 4.4 and en-route PANC-VHHH in the 8iF and all is going really well. It seems possibly even smoother now but of course that is subjective. Love this airplane!

Running P3D updated versions of:

• AS4
  • EZCA

Aaron

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Aaron.  Glad you're enjoying v4.4!  What scenery are you using for VHHH?

27 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Aaron.  Glad you're enjoying v4.4!  What scenery are you using for VHHH?

Wish I had something but only stock. Have no idea what it will look like as it’s my first trip there in P3D! Any recommendations?

Aaron

Edited by adl320

Well, after looking into the various products offered (Taxi2Gate and FlyAwaySimulations), none of them look all that good to me.  And they all seem to need some type of fiddling to get them to work in P3Dv4.  Gonna pass for the time being.  Hopefully there will be a better offering sometime soon.

Taxi2Gate works fine if you know how to add sceneries using the P3D Scenery Library. Also, Taxi2Gate have indicated on their Facebook page that they are working on an update for this VHHH. Hopefully they release it soon!

9 hours ago, adl320 said:

Updated P3D to 4.4 and en-route PANC-VHHH in the 8iF

Sorry to be pedantic but there’s either the -8i or the -8F. No -8iF. 

17 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Well, after looking into the various products offered (Taxi2Gate and FlyAwaySimulations), none of them look all that good to me.  And they all seem to need some type of fiddling to get them to work in P3Dv4.  Gonna pass for the time being.  Hopefully there will be a better offering sometime soon.

Hey Doug, I've got no idea why you think the T2G products need fiddling to work in P3Dv4.  I have nine of them working well without issues.  The VHHH one is very nice and I enjoy flying the many cargo flights through there.  The scenery is the area is very pleasing, and I hope some day the long bridge is added. 

You should also consider Fly Tampa's old Hong Kong (Kai Tak) airport too, because their scenery of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon is pretty good.  There is nothing like a challenging IGS approach onto RWY13 in the QOTSII or the -8i/F with a Typhoon 150 miles to the south and heading your way to get the adrenalin flowing freely! 

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Hey Doug, I've got no idea why you think the T2G products need fiddling to work in P3Dv4.  I have nine of them working well without issues.  The VHHH one is very nice and I enjoy flying the many cargo flights through there.  The scenery is the area is very pleasing, and I hope some day the long bridge is added. 

Hey, Dan.  I was reading some post on some forum and they were ragging on the Taxi2Gate product and it's lack of support for P3Dv4. Based on what I've read here in this post, I'll purchase and download it this evening so I can begin some cargo flights.  It's always best to hear from responsible folks that know what they're talking about.  Thanks for your input.

The support is woeful, Doug, but if you want a decent Hong Kong, the T2G version is lovely. I have their LFPG too, and it’s really nice. Performs very well too. 

4 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

The support is woeful, Doug, but if you want a decent Hong Kong, the T2G version is lovely. I have their LFPG too, and it’s really nice. Performs very well too. 

Appreciate the input, John... thanks!

Yeah, I have T2G too, works fine.  VERY FPS friendly too!

18 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Yeah, I have T2G too, works fine.  VERY FPS friendly too!

Well, based on this thread I purchased T2G's VHHH and it is truly a nice piece of work.  Thanks, folks. 

Made my first flight last night (UPS64).  However, the aircraft and airport vehicles sink into the ground and RWY 07L/25R has some serious bleed through all along it's length.  I have found mention of this in the old T2G forums, but didn't find a fix.  Any thoughts?

I'll have a look on my PC and see if there is some sort of patch or something you might need.  Will get back in an hour or two.

It's pretty common to see wheels sunk slightly into the ground on airport scenery developed by many including FSDT, T2G, LatinVFR... the list goes on.  This is because the texture sheet has to be a small distance above the surface to prevent z-bias fighting, causes flickering.  Products designed with the latest P3D SDK are able to manipulate the z-bias when compiled but at the expense of not being compatible with FSX.  For this reason Flightbeam and FSDT and others have announced that all new products will not be backward compatible with FSX.

As fare as "serious bleed through," I cannot comment because none of my nine T2G sceneries have this problem, in fact I've only seen this problem with FSDT KLAS when there was an incompatibility with Orbx that was resolved very quickly.  Maybe this is something related to Doug's camera addon settings.

Thanks for the comments, folks.  I understand the sinking issue, but it was up to the wheel axles on the nose and mains, so very extreme with this scenery.  I went ahead and deactivated the "VHHH Terrain" component and the bleed issue is completely gone, but so is some of the other eye candy T2G included with their scenery in the greater Hong Kong area.  The airport is 100% complete and looks great, so this works for now.

I use Chaseplane for my camera, Dan... so I'll have to dig a bit deeper to see how this might be the problem.

Edited by dmiannay

58 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Thanks for the comments, folks.  I understand the sinking issue, but it was up to the wheel axles on the nose and mains, so very extreme with this scenery.  I went ahead and deactivated the "VHHH Terrain" component and the bleed issue is completely gone, but so is some of the other eye candy T2G included with their scenery in the greater Hong Kong area.  The airport is 100% complete and looks great, so this works for now.

I use Chaseplane for my camera, Dan... so I'll have to dig a bit deeper to see how this might be the problem.

I had a similar problem with my wheels "sinking" into the terrain. I fixed it by ensuring that the airport scenery (VHHH) sits in a higher priority than the VHHH-TERRAIN folder. Like this

uQqzyTw.png

Edited by Spencer Yackee
  • Upvote 1

Good point, the terrain folder needs to be below the airport folder on the Scenery Library List.  The way to guarantee this is to ensure the terrain comes before the airport if you are using an add-on.xml file, wherein things are ordered in the order read.  First read is lowest on list.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I had a similar problem with my wheels "sinking" into the terrain. I fixed it by ensuring that the airport scenery (VHHH) sits in a higher priority than the VHHH-TERRAIN folder.

35 minutes ago, downscc said:

Good point, the terrain folder needs to be below the airport folder on the Scenery Library List.  The way to guarantee this is to ensure the terrain comes before the airport if you are using an add-on.xml file, wherein things are ordered in the order read.  First read is lowest on list.

That did it guys... I had them reversed.  Love these forums!  Appreciate all your input!

• Like 1

I agree, it feels pretty smooth in 4.4 May be placebo but i cannot remember having a big difference from lets say the 777 to the 748 on 4.3. But somehow now there is actually a quite noticeable difference. Maybe not directly in the fps but the microstutters seem to be less now. And if you meant with "Smooth" that there are no problems i have to agree too ^^. Didnt see some so far.

But yeah, placebo is real with this often...Anyway its still my favorite in whole P3D world. Glad you enjoy it too. And yes, VHHH works as you can see. Not all v3 scenery though. Or at least not fault free.

As others have mentioned already, try VHHX 🙂 Its not active anymore irl but i can guarantee you a worthy scenery here. This one is really nice. One can see the age a bit here and there but its actually full v4, with dynamic lights and that.

And you will be really exited on this approach. Probably you know it already but Kai Tak was the one that leads directly into the heart of Hong.Kong. Very very crazy approach. And only a few pilots were allowed. Better said one needed training to fly there.

have fun^^

Edited by Senchai