Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Vorlin

Ok guys, the ACES team is going to go nuts trying to follow 400 different threads so let's try to make life easier on them.*POLITELY AND CONCISELY* state your issue, don't forget your system info and remember, this is a SNEAK PEEK of a WORK IN PROGRESS.If you expected the demo to be 100% perfect then the problem isn't the demo, it's your misunderstanding of what the demo is supposed to be at this particular time. With tweaking by the ACES team, it will get to be bug free but this is only round one so cut them some slack!And remember, courtesy and polite phrases get results... whining, "should have's" and general grumbling get put off until everything else is done because no one wants to deal with it.With that in mind, check that your issue isn't already here before posting and let's see if we can't use this thread as a hub so that the ACES team can find what they need to know in one, easy to read place.Scott / Vorlin

Guest AkeldamaUK

Good Idea Scott.Here's my demo issue:I've tried to install and run the demo with no success. The demo seemed to install fine. But when trying to run the demo I get the following message:"The MSXML4 SP2 Component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component."I have uninstalled and reinstalled the demo. I have tried installing it on a different drive. I have downloaded msxml.msi from Microsoft and installed that. I still get that message when I try to start the demo.System:Windows XP Home SP2AMD64 3000+1GB RAMNVidia 6600GTCreative Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro

After getting the demo (2nd attempt....because I disconnected by clicking wrong icon...dumb on my part), I ran it a little last night, and immediately found that:I couldn't control my joystick SMOOTHLY. Set it up with Sensitivites, null zones, and assignments, but even after recalibration, it didn't center or work smoothly.The Blacked out Cockpit front view that Tdragger mentioned in his blog showed itself.So far, that's all I have. I'll play today. Stan

Installed on my dell latitude laptop and FSX complaints about "1 or more monitors using 24bit color quality" which is wrong. The first (main) display is set to 32bit with 1280x1024 and same applies to the optional second TFT expansion for external monitors. How come that FSX still refuses to start?! any hint? gfx is ATI 9000 Mobility with latest driver...Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest jimkeir

Hi,What joystick? My Sidewinder FF2 worked OK. I assume yours is OK in FS9?Cheers,Jim

Guest Vorlin

Overall, not bad at all! Here are a few known things you may want to look into:1) Canopy glass just plain isn't there in AC that are ported in from FS9. I have heard this from others and my also from partner (Panther) on the updated Nemeth Brother's MD500E. Apparently there are issues with GMAX materials because I have also heard that anything with a diffuse setting but *no UV mapped bmp* is coming up black (this is second hand to me, but the person may list their experiences below).2) The first time I tried to adjust the scenery density and water FX in a running flight, half of the textures went black with green and magtenta blotches. Returning the setting to what they were, restarting the flight with CNTL+; and even ending the flight cold and restarting it from the menu did not return the texturing to normal. Only a total closure and reopening of FSX straightened it out.3) The height on some of the flour target platforms had them 10 or so feet in the air... one even popped to the water surface as I had my eye dead on it. Yea... tag this one somewhere below #5000 on the "to investigate" list. (g)4) Another flour demo one, maybe a bit more important: The scenery shows up but it takes almost a minute to get the land to show. Until then, it looks like Hurricane Katrina with all of the buildings floating around in the sea.5) *** The trees are killing FPS when you get around small forests and no fiddling with scenery or autogen seems to thin the trees out. I'm dropping from 18 down to 5 frames. If there is a user setting to reduce the density of the trees, it's not intuitive from the point of view of someone who has never seen this version before. The FPS drop is very disruptive and this issue may be the most critical of those I've listed so far.System:AMD Palermo (2600 Class Sempron, labeled as a 4000+)MB: Winfast 760GXK8MC-SRAM: 2G DDR400 / PC3200VID: ATI X700 Pro AGP 8X*****Vid Drivers: The latest OMEGA driversMonitor: Viewsonic VA1912wb (20 inch horizontal measured wide-screen LCD)That's all I have after about 30 minutes of testing... time to go to work.But, again, overall it's looking sweet! Nice work!Scott / Vorlin

Unable to successfully extract the cab files for install. Running Winx64 i get the following error:! C:DownloadsFSXfsxprereleasedemo.exe: CRC failed in Defaul~2.cab. The file is corruptHowever, the exact same install/.exe file runs fine on a win XP SP2 build.Regards,Steve

Regards,

Steve Brayford

Windsor, ON Canada

Delta Virtual Airlines - DVA 2299, Captain 767 Program

Guest jimkeir

Hi,If the same install worked on XP32, try using something like [a href=http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm]WinRAR[/a] to extract the contents of the original EXE on the XP32 machine and then transfer them to the XP64 machine and run the install there. Not tried this myself, just an idea.HTHJim

Hi, when you open some of the 2D Subpanels the hourglass comes up for a very short time (less than 1 sec). This creates very small stutters. When closing subpanels everything is ok. This bahavior should be fixed with the final version. There should be no framerate decrease when opening closing subpanels when press and hold SHIFT + 2 etc. FS9 has the same behavior but FSX has it only when opening subpanels. Jan-Paul

OK, great thread...My first issue is that when I press the Alt button to activate the menu bar at the top of the screen, I subsequently cannot make it go away. I am running a Logitech Wireless Keyboard Model Y-EJ20 if it helps.My second and last issue is that the sim on initial load has the chosen aircraft sitting quite happily on the runway ready to go. However as I put my feet on the rudder pedals, (CH Pro Pedals USB), the "Differential Brakes" message lights up... Then, as I remove my feet from the pedals, the "Differential Brakes" message goes away, only to be replaced by a "Brakes" message which will not go away.The odd thing is that the sim loads with no brakes message, but then becomes active upon displacement of the pedals and then refuses to go away.I have re-calibrated my pedals three times and also deleted and re-created my brake pedal assignments a couple of times to try to resolve this issue, but to no avail.Until there is a fix (for my situation) I am limited to flying the Beaver as brakes do not have an effect on water.All in all, the sim shows a huge amount of promise/potential and I am really looking forward to the final release version. Thanks ACES team.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaFYI, My machine specs...Intel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit Lan1Gb PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard for OSWD 40Gig HD for DataWD 200Gig HD for MSFSHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

Guest Captain Behrentzs

1: VC views shows GREY! Only if I'm shifting view direction fast, I will see out of the window in 2 sec. Then it goes grey again??2: The cars down there. Some of em shows only black or white all over? All the airport service cars got that prob, but only SOME of the "personal" cars on the road got it..? Also, is the cars not too fast? Is it just our machines, or IS it a bug?AMD Athlon 2400+2.0 Ghz768MB RAMNvidia GeForce FX5200, 128 mb RAM and overclocked.Screen res: 1024 * 768, 32 bit. Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com http://pic.piczo.com/img/i167876616_71278.gif

Guest adevins

On the main free flight menu, if I try to go to failures i get something like 'your system has run out of available resources and fsx will now close'If I have a flight plan filed then try to load the failures menu while in-game I get a black screen the game crashes.Besides those which I only wanted to see if the engines actually went on fire, its very cool, now I assume with every purchase of the full product we will get out free hardware upgrade yes?....no? :( :(AMD Athlon 3000+ (1.8ghz) 939MSI A8N-SLI Deluxe PCI-E2gb DDR 3200Gainward Geforce 7800GT Golden SampleCreative SB Audigy 2

Guest alfredmanning

The default settings for brakes on CH Pro pedals are back to front.Go to Settings / Controls / Control Axes Control Type: CH Pro Pedals USB Brake (left axis) check reverse Brake (right axis) check reverseNow the brakes will work only when you press the pedals instead of when you don't press them.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,To make to menu bar disappear you need to hold Alt for a couple of seconds. Can't help with the pedals, don't have a set. Sorry. Have you tried the old-fashioned '.' key in the meantime?Cheers,Jim

Guest frth

It is not Win x64. I had no problems installing or running it on x64.Brgds, Fred