Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

>Hi there Phil "32bit" color in fact means 24 bits for color>(RGB) that's 8 bits for red,8 bits for green and 8 bits>blue(24bit) plus 8 bits for an alpha channel giving a total of>32 bits. So in fact FSX is not wrong about the color depth at>all. I hope this is of some help to you.>>> Dan Martin Team Flight Ontariowell, dan. then I wonder why FSX complaints.... will install at home on my regular flght sim pc and check there.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest jimkeir

Hi,> I am using 2 monitors in dual-viewI use a 7800 with dual-view and still get to use the second monitor. Make sure you're in Windowed mode, not full-screen mode.Cheers,Jim

Guest K Frederiksen

I am in fullscreen mode, and that always worked in fs-04.However using windowed may be a temp. fix for an issue i still hope to see fixed.Thanks.

Guest jgreth123

The dark-shaded blinking on the external view of the aircraft only seems to appear when the 'Aircraft can cast shadows on itself' option is checked.The strobe light still displays oddly on the plane just like FS9. Not so much a demo issue but just never fixed that from FS9.

Guest AkeldamaUK

>For me, same problem as AkeldamaUK, the MSXML4 SP2 error>message...>uninstalled the demo, the xml4 sp2, rebooted, reinstalled,>rebooted...>No way...>If AkeldamaUK wouldn't mind telling which dlls he deleted, or>how exactly he proceeded....Thanks!I searched for all files on my PC like this - msxml4*.*Deleted all those I found.Rebooted.Then ran the msxml installer included in the FSX Demo.It actually seemed to think I still had it installed. So I chose remove from the installer.Rebooted.Ran the msxml installer again.Demo now works.Hope that helps.

My issue is that the file will not open at all. I get the eroor message.Not a valid WIN32 application. Is this an image file or waht. I tried extracting as winrar but that didn't work either.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest nigel28

well aside from most issues that everyone else seems to having, here is my list.-major FPS hit when landing in the CRJ with landing lights on at night. -CRJ engines autostart if you dont hold ctrl+shift+F1 down long enough. -minor stutters when turning but then stops at around 120-130 degrees if you are making a 180 degree turn.-airport textures flashing in and out and airport vehicles disappearing then reappearing.-CRJ VC could use some more functionality. It seems that you can do more in 2D than in VC as far as switches, etc...maybe its not fully complete yet. -I thought there were going to be accents in different parts of the globe?? why not model the tower accent in St. Marteen to sound more french or dutch??? On the positive side, love the minor details like airport fences, moving AI....although the ships dont "rock" in the water like I thought they would. Cars are great!! albeit, a little "light" but still fun to watch at altitude. The head bob is great!!! especially when flying in a thunderstorm which I must say is awesome. I hit a low thin cloud layer and I couldve swore that the clouds were whisping by the wing. ALl in all...buggy but I expected that. Great product so far!!! I look forward to the Beta if I am selected!!!!

Guest alphaone

A few things so far.1. Beacon and strobe lights blink way too fast.2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/alp...23-36-27-95.jpgSomething is wrong there. I have full flaps selected but the position indicator says my flaps should be up. It's backwards.3. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/alp...21-24-49-53.jpgThat's not right, seeing buildings like beacons through the cloulds.4. Weird/random object collisions and aircraft overstresseshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/alp...21-40-09-43.jpg

Can't get it to run. When trying to start, system reboots with "unknown device" error. Need to update 6600GT drivers? Currently 7.77.

Guest SimDog

- At night in the RJ, landing and taxi lights would not illuminate the runway.- Cannot assign views (left forward, left, right forward, right) to PFC (Vmax) yoke. Pressing yoke buttons in Control/Assignments does nothing. Works in FS9. - Is there AI in the demo? I have seen no aircraft take off or land even when set at 100%- At night with moon rising, I noticed two sets of clouds that were almost vertical. They were on a forty-five degree angle from the ground up into the sky off to the left of the runway.SD

Guest elias800

Ok I have a few more observations1.FS X is also aimed at new customers who are not familiar with the game. It would be good to have in the menu a tick box or field: "Make this Airport my home airport" or something like that, in case people prefer to start FSX with a specific airport (it happens with many users).2.Speaking of UI, it would be good to insert autocomplete features in the search menu. Users can see their past searches and speed up their current one.3.I don't mean to get too demanding considering there were no cars in fs2004,but in FSX cars go only one direction and there are no cars going the other way which sometimes make roads look like a baggage belt at an airport. 4.Beacon lights stopped blinking super fast after flying in reduced visibility. Don't ask me why...5.Milky way doesn't blend nicely with the horizon, maybe a mist could fix the problem or something to improve blending with the sea.6. No cloud shadows and frame-rate-busting engine jet blast eh?

Guest 747ata32

Ok... part two!Just flew around in FSX for around an hour (in between I got kicked out due to the time limit). Found the screenshot button ('V'). GREAT! Took already dozens of screenshots!The strobes and anti collision lights blink too fast on all aircraft. During startup of FSX I get a fault message saying: "Font "Eurostile Bold"(12) isn't found; using "Arial" instead."I never uninstalled any of my fonts, so shouldn't the font be included with the sim?Also; the shadows of the clouds on the water look strange and grainy.And just to make this clear to the ACES team members: Apart from these small bugs, I absolutely LOVE IT!That's it for now! Will post more as we go...Cheers,Frank

>Can't get it to run. When trying to start, system reboots>with "unknown device" error. Need to update 6600GT drivers?>Currently 7.77.I see that my card doesn't seem to be shown in the display.cfg file. I wonder if that is the problem.Edit: Updated to 91.31 and loads fine now.

>1.FS X is also aimed at new customers who are not familiar>with the game. It would be good to have in the menu a tick box>or field: "Make this Airport my home airport" or something>like that, in case people prefer to start FSX with a specific>airport (it happens with many users).Along that line, I think something other than SHIFT-D should be the default keypress for action like dropping the flower bombs in the missions. You wouldn't see a complex keypress in an FPS game to fire your gun or something like that...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com