Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Bergziege

sure, i mean hyperthreading.i have a P4 with 3,2Ghz hyperthreading enabled so the pc thinks i have 2 cpus with 1,6 GHz. If I now run FSX it just uses CPU 1 and not CPU 2, like FS9.

Guest B1900 Mech

Anyone figure out how to pan in the VC with a mouse or trackball?

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi Phil did you take a look at your desk top machine and see if you get the same result?. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario

>Anyone figure out how to pan in the VC with a mouse or>trackball?Hold space to use mouse look or press Shift+O (I think, only saw this while scrolling through the key page in the kneeboard looking for some other command) to lock it.

Guest Vorlin

Guys,When I started this thread before going to work this morning, I was thinking that it might make it to 12 or 20 posts, turn into a flame fest and end up on page 4 by tomorrow.I got home and almost fell out of my chair! 7 pages, I just read every post and everyone is expressing themselves maturely and decently.This is a public forum, isn't it?!?!? lolThe only point I do want to make is that for all you guys with FPS issues you need to know a couple of little things:FSX will be far more GPU intensive than FS9 ever was. If your vid card can't handle the additional workload, this may be a reason for the black splotches... then again, that's only a half-educated guess.The need for a decent GPU could also explain some of the FPS issues too... certainly not all, but some.To know for sure if the GPU's capabilities, or lack thereof, are an issue, the ACES team really *NEEDS* to know what you have! CPU, mainboard, RAM and VID card.Otherwise, they have no idea if your system should, or should not, be displaying what it's displaying.Overall, the thread's surpassed my wildest dreams! Way to pull together as a community and create a genuinely usable list of professionally worded issues that the ACES team can hopefully use!Scott / Vorlin

Scott! What I would like to know, is why you started this thread if the intent was to keep it organized. The First impressions thread was openned long before this one and has more posts to it, 13 pages vs 7 here. How was it this one got stickied, and not that one? I think if you truely want an organized thread at this point, this thread should be merged with the first impressions thread. Right now that thread is getting lost on the second page and even has some responses on it from the MS team itself!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest alphaone

A few more issues I've found.-The textures don't change resolutions fast enough. I was just buzzing around St. Martin at supersonic speeds in my F3H and I noticed that the textures were lagging behind. You know how the textures farther away from your viewing area are more blurry and lower res? Well because I'm flying so fast I'm at that point within a few seconds and the textures just can't keep up. But my frame rates are silky smooth throughout. I wonder if this can be fixed-The jet blast warning sign at Maho Beach is wrong! ;) This is how it should read: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/alpha314/DSCN2103.jpg

Another thing to add...bloom and Anti-Aliasing creates a blurring affect on everything. I think this happens in Red Orchestra as well. I have a vague rememberance of reading that it has something to do with Shader Model 3.0 By the way, video card is a 7900gs (mobile on an Inspiron e1705, if that mattters)

Guest baksteen33

Running the Demo on 2 FlyTendos here: Specs: AMD64 3700 + 3800 on nForces, Radeon X800XL + Geforce 6800GT and both boxes have 2GBs of RAM. The resolution is 1280x on a 19" LCD (via KVM switch). OSs: Win XP64 + XP32. Installations went flawlessly. Manual unzip because I was able to unzip. If I can I will! :-) Some initial findings: - I get smacked with heavy weather. - The Geforce box initiates the extra panels (i.e. GPS) but they disappear within a split second. - Radeon performance seems snappier. The menus etc load quicker. - Certain autogen elements or AI AC cause a significant performance decrease. My personal conclusion thus far: I really like what I'm seeing. :-) I haven't maxxed everything out, but even at 14fps things are very smooth in the forward view. No probs in turns either, at least as long as some of those undefined objects do not come into sight. What I like most, FSX seems to really take advantage of my DX9 GPUs and - compared to FS9 - similar settings don't seem to lead to a performance decrease. OK, there isn't much AI yet but I'm hopeful this will be a historic release. And ohh, I'm already in l

Guest flight85

Hi ! very nice work ! love the new water and the missions are superb !.The problems I have seen so far isnavigation lights are way of they are in the air not on the aircraft contact points problem??.The strobe lights blink WAY to fast they blink like nuts.The cars when i see them around TNCM most of them are driving shadows.The same problem with the boats but not as much as with the cars.In the CRJ the needle thats supposed to follow N1 is not following it right at mine.When I start up everything is black but when i change view it all goes normal again kinda weird.The houses almost none of them have any roof on mine some do but most dont.Other then that thumbs up for me !Kind Regards:Alexander

Guest Jimbofly

1. Strange texture tiling issues in water, where they sometimes jump around and I've had one instance where it looked like the water was 1000 ft below me one second then 10 ft below me where it should've been.2. The seaplane has the flaps lever reversed.3. Strange z-index issues when on the rnwy and you'd get textures from underneath jumping up onto the tarmac.4. Jumpy cloud graphics, i.e. some cloud textures would suddenly change from grey to white then back to grey again.Hope this helps!James

Guest Len

Absolutely LOVE the water, reflections, waves, etc. The water alone is a huge plus for this version.

Guest diajohn2

Aces has got it right. I found a few issues with controls and it is obviously not a final product but found it great. My framerates and smoothness were fine using real weather. AMD 64-3500, ATI X800XTPE2G 3200ram.Can't wait for the full program.

Guest Thad

"I found that with the flour bombing mission, occasionally I'd drop one and immediately get an "Aircraft collision" warning message."Happens to me as well, quite a lot actually, thought it was my technique or something.Overall, very impressed with FSX. As they say in the movie biz "two thumbs up". I know you guys will be working hard to make FSX the best it can be for the "gold" release. Most of us here really appreciate you're hard work. Looking forward to Oct. more than ever.Thanks FSX Team,Thad

After doing some extensive testing, I have found the root of my own personal performance issues.I took a very structured approach to this by turning absolutely everything down as low as it could go and moving things up bit by bit.First, my specs, to prove that this isn't pure insanity:Athlon XP 2400+ on a nForce2 mobo1GB DDR333 in Dual Channel mode128MB Radeon 9600 Pro300GB SATA2 HDDRunning at 1024x768 with all video card specific settings turned up to full except AA, which my card doesn't handle so well.I began with a very, well, bland version of FSX with every turned off. I decided to set 20FPS locked as my hold point. Of course, I got it easily.I started moving settings up, having a decent idea of what was causing my problem, and it hardly ever fluctuated at all. Until I turned on autogen. If I touch either the Autogen density, I start losing FPS. So I left that down and slammed everything else up. With autogen off, I was able to turn every graphics setting up to full and still ran flawlessly on my 3 year old system at a rock solid 20fps.(I did notice that the blurries started appearing as I kept reloading the terrain. Possible memory leak, or just too much work on my system?)So, I was happy with this, so I tossed up the AI settings to a mid-level (they were off too) and hopped back into the game.And was greeted by 8-12fps.If I put a single car on the roads, I lose about half my fps.So those are my culprits: Autogen and AI.I don't know if anyone else can confirm this, but I'm loving cruising around with the high resolution terrain and textures at solid FPS.