Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Vorlin

>Hi Scott, definitely in VC mode. Here's a screenie of it,>look at the pushback tug through the pillar. Hope this helps.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153831.txt>John, I haven't seen anything like that but I haven't tried much at night either. Will try to duplicate your results tonight, see if you can still notice the issue during the day as well.Scott

Guest tdragger

>but the main problem still exist. i am not able to get it run>on the 2nd cpu and i am not able to deactivate hyperthreading>without a windows bluescreen at startup (bad_pool_caller). so>i hope there is a multi cpu support under win xp in the final>(pro) edition.What type of PC do you have?

Guest tdragger

>>Hi Scott, definitely in VC mode. Here's a screenie of it,>>look at the pushback tug through the pillar. Hope this>helps.>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153831.txt>>>>John, I haven't seen anything like that but I haven't tried>much at night either. Will try to duplicate your results>tonight, see if you can still notice the issue during the day>as well.>>ScottI presume you've updated your drivers? We've seen something similar but I'm not sure the cause. We're looking into it.

Guest tdragger

The SimObjectsAnimals folder is not part of the demo. The birds some from a different system and I think only should up on higher scenery settings.

>FSX still feels too much like FS9 dragging a heavy ball n'>chain.>>Terrible performance. Awful Terrain engine. Amateur>texturing.>Do MS engineers double as artists?>You guys have to become more art driven & stop relying on data>driven technology.>>>Can you be specific? Ah...... never mind, that would require some thought.Bob...

There have been several mentions of autogen grief. I also found that turning it off completely did smooth out performance greatly. Note I say smooth, not improve FPS, although FPS was affected as well. For me, it felt like textures were not being kept in memory because I saw varying amounts of stutters as textures re-loaded over and over as I panned around in spot view. More specifically, when I temporarily renamed the vegetation.bgl file, in SceneryGlobalScenery, all stutters disappeared (with the disappearing trees, etc., of course). Furthermore, I could move the autogen slider more to the right and get more buildings with minimal impact on performance. The vegetation sure looks good, though, but seems to be one of the major contributors to texture loading stutters. I will be experimenting with some adjustments as I go along but I don't want to invest too much time tweaking the demo.Good demo....Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Radeon X800 GT 256 MB PCIE, 2GB RAM, 120 GB SATARick

Same here. My graphics card is the GeForce4 Ti 4200. I'm not able to see out of the cockpit windows on the CRJ or Beaver. I hope there is a simple solution.

Guest TKEON230

I can't seem to get my computer to show the reflection of the sun and moon on the water. Not the reflection of the object itself, but the one that seems to stretch out a lot longer across the water and shimmer. Here are my specs:Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz3 GB RAMGeForce FX 5950 Ultra Graphics CardI tried turning everything all the way up and it still doesn't show. I can get other objects to reflect nicely, just not the celestial ones.

Guest archtx

I'm very optimistic. My computer is a P-4 2.0 ghz with 1 GB ram and a Nvidia 6800GT video card. After dinking around with the sliders, I am getting 20-30 FPS for the most part....everything but autogen turned up. The planes, panels and water look great. I like some of the new autogen trees (palms) I'm seeing, but can't turn that up too dense yet.What excites me most, though, is poking around in the various folders. You can get an inkling of how the missions work, how ground and water AI are controlled, etc. I see new landclasses, effects, sounds (AI), lots of new autogen, and other items that make me think I will be very happy come October.Hope somebody smarter than me will start a new thread on some of these features.PSThat freeway traffic is doing 100kph. You can adjust it, as the speed of other AI.

A couple I've found during my two days of playing on four different computers with a mix of Intel / AMD, nVidia / ATI and new and middle aged:1. Graphics glitches - anything from strange shadows covering parts of the aircraft and blinking with the aircraft lights, black / blue / purple / green dominated screen patterns (easily cleared by toggling to another view and back), water alternating between light and dark blue, missing aircraft textures (toggle view fixes again), pauses for a few seconds while textures load, technicolour scenery squares from high altitude (haven't seen the likes of which since FS2002) blurry ground/water textures that sometimes don't fix without a reload of the flight.2. Multi-monitor issues - I have to disable my third monitor to start FSX, otherwise FSX hangs at the splash screen.3. Mouse pointer misalignment in full screen menus - sometimes I have to place my mouse pointer one menu position down to get it to select the menu item I really want.4. Demo times out on me while I'm still having fun - how dare MS not allow me to attempt an around the world trip in the ultralite ;-) 5. Aircraft crash / overstress for no apparent reason sometimes, even with crash / overstress detection disabled.6. No naked european women on the beach like there were IRL when I visted St. Maarten back in 2001. I've got photo's to prove it! ;-)7. My TrackIR 4 that I just bought doesn't seem to function in the demo. Please make it work in the final release.Gotta say that I am loving:1. flying the ultralite.2. able to access FS menus without the sim pausing3. that water!4. the new UI.5. having the opportunity play with this demo while waiting for the real thing.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest EdrickV

I have an issue that I really hope won't exist in the full version. The sliders don't move properly when I click and drag them. (The preview image on the left does change, and the keyboard or mouse wheel can move the sliders, but they will go back to the full left position if I end a flight and go back to the settings screen or restart the program.)The first time I went into the setting screen all the sliders on the main screen appeared to be at full left, saying "Custom" though I believe they were actually set to the "High" setting via the drop down menu in the display box. They won't say anything but Custom no matter what I do.Not sure if this is related, but moving the traffic slider (or at least trying to move it) doesn't seem to change the AirlineDensity and GADensity values at all."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest garwig2

>2. Ground vehicles disappear based on zoom level of camera. I>know your thinking "duh!!" but, when I am zoomed in on a plane>parked at the gates at 1.50 zoom I can see the shadow of the>luggage cart moving around but no luggage cart. If I zoom to>1.00 or less the luggage cart shows up. If I pan at this zoom>level the luggage cart disappears completely.I had the same problem but for me it seemed that panning the view affects the appearance or disappearance of the ground vehicles.Also, I have seen a luggage loader approach the left cargo door of the CRJ from the right side of the CRJ then going through the plane and ending up on the door but facing the wrong way (luggage loader was under the plane at this point).My system:Pentium D 940 with dual core, 3.2 ghz each corenVidia GEForce 6200, 256mb2 gig DDR2 memory