Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest garwig2

Makes it tough to use the autopilot when you can't tell it which way you want to go. Haven't checked the VC yet.-Gary

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,that interested me too but you just have to think of that gauge showing bearings from the airplane as when you click the button it'll follow round to zero again. So I guess you need to check the compass to show what direction you're going in-say 140 deg- and if you want to travel on a bearing of 175 deg, then you'd need to shift the heading on the autopilot round 35 deg and when it settles back down you should be on a heading of 175 deg! Quirky.Andy.

Same old cursor problem seems to be in FSX as well. I'm using a 3D bronze pointer with shadow (default XP stuff), in the sim it's flickering and not bronze, like in FS9. In FS9 you could right-click, wait for a menu to appear and then left-click and the flickering would go away. Doesn't appear to work in FSX. Annoying.

Mike...

Guest ziporama

Thus far, seems to run well.Behaviors ported from FS9:- Joystick axis assignment for multiple DX devices happens automatically and often incorrectly. Suggestion, if you must auto-assign for ease of use, provide (a) an option to delete all axis (including slew mode) assignemnts or (:( provide a button to do "auto assign of axes", but please don't make it a default behavior. I have 5 devices, and that's a lot of axes to manually edit :)- Joystick sensitivity has odd default settings, causing mapped axes to not get full range. In particular, sensitivity seems to be set to 50% on most auto-assigned axes.Things noted in the demo:- Very nice "ambience" - love the detail of the boats and ground vehicles.- Night color of water at High-2x water detail is very "glowy", looks brighter than it should.- only graphics glitch I encountered was to alt-enter out to windowed mode, then back, and outside view in VC turned black. No way to remove it until I exited FSX and restarted. However, switching to any other view (outside VC) did not have the problem.- noted noticeable and repeatable hit on FPS loading scenery, such as when changing view point in the VC. Drops up to 40% seen.What I miss most in the demo:- No trackIR support in VC- No visible wingflex on included A/C (did I miss it?)What I like most in the demo:- Flight model appears vastly improved over FS9, in particular in the area of momentum physics.- Cars are a nice touch- Very nice level of detail, even for a demo with a fraction of textures included- Sound appears much more complex and has some "depth", at least in 5.1 mode.My numbers:At medium-high sliders, able to get 18 to 22 FPS average (max target is set at 22, so 22 will be the max on my system), 1920x1200x32, 4xAA, SLI auto. Terrain loading takes up to a 10FPS hit. Trees are pretty hard on FPS in the demo. Lower resolution helps, but you want to run at max res when the neighbor comes over :)My system:-AMD FX60 @ 3GHz, 7900GTX x 2 @ 415/880MHz, 2Gb memory-August 2006 DirectX 9.0c release-Nvidia 84.43 drivers (can't run later drivers because of an OpenGL problem with another title)

Guest Tomlin

Sorry if these have been mentioned elsewhere-The Beaver has the Flap indicator moving in the right direction in the 2D cockpit with it being the wrong direction in the VC. Also, the sound in the powered glider is very repetitive at full throttle and other ranges.The CH Yoke/Pedal issue with the brakes and strange re-assignments every time at start-up of the SimThe music check box is selected some times when I start the Sim after the PC has been off (only happened once!)Reflections on CRJ main landing gear tires.The appearance of the runway showing through the Baron panel, even when the transparency is turned OFF (only in the lower left-hand corner and when Bloom effect in ON I think)The Sim wont go back to Full Screen with Alt-Enter, but will after selecting Full Screen the second time by using the View options at the menu bar. Strange abalone-looking textures at the top of SABA. This may just be shallow pools of water.Strange Aurora Borealis-looking textures on the far side of the mountain when flying the runway heading at TNCM at night. Wet Runway effects coming into cockpit of the Baron when maneuvering across the ground when wet.Prop appears blocky when running on Baron when Aircraft Shadows are ON.Wet runways dont look too good (particled looking)Aircraft lighting (beacon/strobes/nav) look horribly misplaced from the tower view.Good things: The defaul A/C arent that bad. System:AMD 2800xpWindows XP Home SP21 Gig DDR2700 RAMNvidia 6600GT 128 MBAverage FPS-10-24 FPS depending on weather and water detail selected. Remarks: I am very optimistic about how well this software will work on a modest system like mine, being that I have the ground textures maxed out and I get decent performance! Looking forward to the final version and wish all the testers and devs the best of luck!

Guest Andy_CYXU

1. Textures seem to be loading very slowly and I get lots of blurred.. for example I start on one airport and everything loads very nice at 7cm i fly to the other island and there the textures are not so clear at all and load very slowly. Sometimes even when the program first loads only area near the airport has nice crisp textures further away they go blurry and never come crisp like I saw they could be... they could really be very nice...2. I tried the suggestion to change water texture to 1.x from 2.x .. well it didn't help much as a matter of fact the water in 1.x is very bad especially at night.. it's green like the alien ship was in it from close up flying near water at night it looks very bad green ugly blurry... I will try to make a screen of it. :) I hope not.. Here's little info on my PCP4 3GHZ HT2 GB RamRADEON X850PRO 16 PIPES (apparently unlocked)PS: OK I TRIED IT AGAIN AND NOW SETTING TO HIGH 1.X helped with the texture loading also i lowered my Auto-Gen to Normal.. well maybe it was only one time deal.. i heard you might be fixing something regarding this texture problem with 2.x setting cuz without this water... well... just put it I will be flying passengers on 767 at 100ft so i can see reflection of my aircraft in the water... hahha... Overall good job.PSS: I do not seem to have the TREE affecting performance.3. Oh yeah like cars chassis only that I havePretty good job so far.Keep it up.Thanks Andy

Guest Fredo

Hello All!I am Fredo and newly registered on this board.The English isn't my first language(and not the second too),please be nice to don't take it bad if I make mistakes and turning wrong some sentences! I am RW private pilote who is currently studying to get an ATPL.I have been using FS from the early beginning on Commodore 64 then on Pc's with all version excepted Fs95 and like anyone,eagerly waiting on FSX...When it will be ready.This is not a bug but,when you are under ATC and stepclimbing or descending,you know that at 200ft before the cleared altitude you will be instructed to climb or descent further.This at my sense the most annoying thing in Fs.At least,in fs2k2 it was 1000ft before.From three years I have never see any threads on the subject,I can't believe I am the only one bothered with that.Why don't add a variable for this clearence?It will broke the monotony of flight and spares my nerves for sure.Once again,reactors are not starting properly,the spool up after ignition in just three seconds is a pure joke.and the rising of n1,n2 parameters too.Elevator axis is always 2 or 3 times too sensitive,Aircraft never acting like that,they are designed to be smooth and nice to fly at cruise speed and of course,they are low in answer at low speed.In Fs,I am on a Rodeo once I raise the nose.Of course I have to modify myself eaches aircraft config instead of Aces.The ground roll is far from reallity,When an aircraft is on the ground,it is on the ground,not in the 4th dimension where the physics is completly altered.In Fs,It is hard to follow the centerline in no wind condition.With crosswind,a take-off or landing can be anythings.With Fs,this is Holliday on Ice at Eaches flights.In the VC of CRJ,The current selected pages is the same on both Eicas,and of course,75% of parametters don't working.It is totally useless but so typical from Aces.It misses on the autopilot the ALT/IAS mode.Or with Boeing the FL CH mode.Pilots climb or descent their aircraft at constant IAS and power settings with varying the vertical speed.They have other things to do than keep a hand on the VSI molette during 20 minutes!This system exists for ages,it was used before autothrottles exist,it misses on a simulator like Fs. Why dont get rid off the airline and flight number from the aircraft file to put it on the flight planner,A real aircraft carry only his own immatriculation.The Airline name's and number's is only a part of the flightplan.If I want to change the flight number between to flight I must reload the aircraft and lose all fuel,passengers and Gauges settings parameters.On the menu system,it will be nice if the user have the capacity of save the joysticks and key-map like the graphics settings.And yes,FSX is less overcasted than Fs9.Everyone know that Fs9 isn't really overcasted.So,Don't fly IFR.Don't fly with rain too,In Fs world it's raining under a blue sky!I have only a low-end Pc so I can't see myself the visual improvment that FSX will bring,but it will be for Sure astonishing.I have some graphics Bugs like Non-usable VC becaus the windscreen isn't transparent or cars and roof's building have nice fluo colors.But I think it will be fun to fly,the futur is brillant.Yes I know,All of that wont be upgraded or added in Fs11 too.It is Hopeless.Fredo.

Guest Bergziege

hi there is a litte trick to see some flex animation.copy the crj panel folder to the 747. then you can select and fly this plane in the sim.when in the plane shift trough the views until you get a wingview.just take off in this view ... voila ;-)greez bergziege

Guest nikonikoniko

Why is there no 1280x720 resolution available??I need this for my video projector. Please handle widescreen mode properly, no streching anywhere allowed :)

Scott, thanks for the opportunity to say what we have in mindIn general I liked it, especially the water reflectionsI think also that runways (TNCM) in this case are not to easily recognizable in a distance greater than 10 NM. Unfortunatelly thePAPI lights "betray" their locationThe views options are much more but their selection is a bit confusing. The F9-F10-F11-F12 selections are good but where Will I put my FSNAV hot key now? (LOL)I managed to get into failures menu when selecting trike (I was lucky - next time didn't work) and I say individual controsls failures like L/R Flaps, L/R aileron, L/C/R Landing gear (will 747 support failure for the two auxiliary?) Oil leak, Engine fire, APU fire ...Some issues RAIN-VC : No raindrops in VCSCENERY: sea shore color changing when rainingADF Tune: European .25 increment not supported while in US systemCRJ ANTISKID: I saw a swith, will you support antiskid ?BARON: at night with linding light on, there is an attempt for an effect to "light" the gauges. As long as gear is up, this ligning goes off/ Night VC gauges: Come on MS!! Still redish ambient lights from the inside ?SOUND: Sound is not on par with thrust increase especially from outside. While pitch increase suddently pitch changes and increasing again. VC preset views: useful but need a way to change them without editing cfg files. Not an issue: Switching to VC fist gauges are drawn then the rest. I hope you have given some "priority" to gauges for those VC pilots. About fps: With 60 FPS LIMIT, 1024x768x32,window mode, Without autogen, LOD radius Medium, MEsh 65, Mesh res 38, Text res 2M, Water at High 2.x, scen compl med special eff med , only leasure traffic and airport trf at med, and in the CRJ VC I managed to get 28-33fps at TNCM. clear skies. keeping the above while Setting water refl at Mid2.x I say some 33-37s in the same casekeeping the above while increasing autogen at mid from none I got 18-20..... I noticed that looking stright ahead in the runway fps were 18. looking to the right where less autogen was displayed, I got 40s...I suggest to the developers to "hide" autogen while on the runway....All those with a X800XL Omega 3.8.221 drivers, Sandiego 3700 @ 2310 mhs (3866 P-rating) 1GB Ram @ 210.Thats for nowhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgSam

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Guest Badger

Hi there,Just a comment on the Flour Bomb mission.Object Collisions are really beginning to annoy me now.RegardsMark

Hi :)First of all I am really impressed with the Head Latency feature :D. Well done! Flying IFR becomes much more realistic.I have found an issue with the mouse pointer. After I change focus to another application it sometimes changes to a crosshair, and lots of funny horizontal lines appear:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154151.jpg(The mouse pointer is invisible during screenshots, but you can see the lines)My Specs:P4 3GHzATI Radeon Advan Pro, 256Mb1Gb RAMSoundblasterWinXP Home

The stretching of 2D panels has been discussed quite a bit here. There is no DIRECT fix for stretched 2D panels in FSX, but you can fix it yourself by creating your own background bitmaps at the screen ratio that you need. I imagine there will be fixes posted eventually for the default aircraft. But it is the 2D panels only that experience the stretching.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>It was this game (along with other factors*) that fuelled my>thirst for aviation and inspired me to become a professional>in this field. I think that they exerted an enormous influence>into my future, shaping the course of my interests and>ultimately my career. > Elias,You touched me with this paragraph, i'm coming from the exact same path. I truelly value these words of encouragement and positivity, which is very supportive and inspirational. Happy flying. CheersTristan