Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Active Sky for XPX Released!

2 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Does asxp fix cloud shifts/redraws ?

Improves, yes (significantly, much faster and less obvious), but completly fixed no.  In fact this was not the real objective of the first step. It is a well known problem of this engine.This will be one of the objectives of the next step.

• Upvote 1

I wish to buy ActiveskyXP but first need to know if it will run on my 4 pc networked setup.

I have read the previous posts about networking AS to a client and have also read the manual and understand how AS can be setup from a non Xplane pc to an Xplane client.

That's fine when you have one Xplane client pc that's your only simulator .

In my setup I have an Xplane server that shows only instruments and three XP clients running 3 scenery views.

The weather that's set up on the Xplane server is normally replicated on the three Xplane clients (for default real weather and eg FSGRW). However I'm doubtful that AS will work the same way without some AS setup on the clients?

Would anyone know if AS can be setup for multi pc network, to display on several scenery clients?

I would ask this question on the HIFI support forums but unfortunately you have to own the product before you can access the forum.

Any help appreciated

Ian

Ian Cameron

Well, finally able to carve out some time from work to make a flight or two with the new ASXP.  Such a happy camper.  Flew around FL in the DA-62 this morning, and even with mild winds (largely 030 at 5), the air was alive again!!  So nice to fell the plane move in response in ways that mirror what I feel when I'm actually flying!  

Bravo! Hi-Fi.  Thanks for bringing my FSX/P3D experience of believable flight environments to XP.

Great comments, great photos Jeff

On 12/11/2018 at 5:06 PM, Jeff_Fortuna said:

I agree with the above... ASXP does a fantastic job of representing wind and turbulence IMHO. All that was good about this in P3D has carried over to X-Plane. And it plays nice with UWXP.

3034E94A9798AC03D2D3F03EB3FA4C3FDBB327FE

9146AE89B23D228CAD3C656B66CF9A0BE4B7968D

Great Photos Jeff! 

Regards

Lamar Wright