Sign in to follow this  
tinmouse

Best FREE scenery for X-Plane 11?

Good Morning all,

What do you think is the best FREE scenery for -Plane 11?

This is the best free scenery I have found on X-Plane 11 so far. I decided to share / review it in the link below. However, this is a personal choice. I’m sure there may be better out there. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

Why not just list the scenery you think is best in your post?

He can't advertise his channel that way 😛

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 hours ago, tinmouse said:

Good Morning all,

What do you think is the best FREE scenery for -Plane 11?

This is the best free scenery I have found on X-Plane 11 so far. I decided to share / review it in the link below. However, this is a personal choice. I’m sure there may be better out there. What do you think?

I have KSFO and other airports by the same and other authors.  LAX, Santa Ana, Phoenix, Portland and some more.  But my fav free scenery is the photo scenery I create on my own with Ortho4XP.  One can choose to use it with autogen, or not.  When I fly without autogen I place an _DISABLED next to the scenery entry in the scenery file, and remove it when I want to renable my autogen overlays so I can see ground traffic, etc.  Generally for mid altitude flight I do not like autogen on my photo scenery because it hides much of it from view which defeats its purpose for me.  Sadly Ortho4XP scenery is way too large to upload at Avsim, in the tens of Gigabytes just for Arizona and the SF Bay Area alone.  But it is a breeze to create, it only takes time and nothing else, plus careful disk management if you are low on space like I am.

John

Hello all,

One thing for sure, as far as I know, it most definitely will NOT be Australian.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Ye, Ortho takes massive disk space.  I can't help but buy and install the Orbx scenery! I installed GB south, but left out GB Centre, as I'm waiting for Scotland and Ireland, and need to save disk space. Flight Sims are really incredible these days. I'm sure they would do OZ! I hope so! 

:  )

I tried to down load this scenery of KSFO free,   but all I got  was zip cruncher.    where is KSFO