Shory

Wich drive to install P3D?

Hello,

Im pretty noobish in this case so that's why my thread.
I just installed my new pc and I am wondering what would be the best place to install P3D.

My system has 2 SSD drives wich are the following:

- Samsung 970 evo (500gb) m.2 wich contains Windows.
- Samsung 850 evo (500gb) for extra stuff.

The benefit of the  970 is that this one is a faster drive. The benefit of the 850 would be separate installation of P3D.

What drive would you guys chose to install P3D?

Edited by Shory

Honestly, if you can afford it go for a 1TB ssd for P3D. Scenery packages became bigger and bigger these days.

With your hardware I would install P3Dv4 in C:\P3Dv4(important to NOT install to C:\Program Files folder to avoid aater troubles).

Scenery and airplane Addons that would let you install outside P3Dv4 main folder would go to D:\P3Dv4 Addons.

Edited by roarkr

25 minutes ago, roarkr said:

With your hardware I would install P3Dv4 in C:\P3Dv4(important to NOT install to C:\Program Files folder to avoid aater troubles).

Scenery and airplane Addons that would let you install outside P3Dv4 main folder would go to D:\P3Dv4 Addons.

And it's pretty easy to see wich addon can be installed on the other drive/outside P3D main folder?

using P3D's addon.xml method can keep most of them off the P3D drive. As you get addons, ask here or ask the developer whether they support addon.xml install. Most of the major addons will allow you to point the installer elsewhere but there are still some that insist on installing into the root p3d folder. I'm thinking that somewhere down the road, LM will make it mandatory to install outside of the P3D rot folder.

Vic