Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

London Terrorist Attack

It's now reported that there were only three explosions on the Underground. They apparently ocurred between stations so that the blast effects of each explosion travelled through the tunnels to adjacent stations, giving rise to the earlier confusion.

Sad indeed. But,..is this forum really the place to discuss this?Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;it tolls for thee"

Both you and I know where a discussion like this might lead.Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

I don't.If the Moderators think my posts are inappropriate, I'm sure they'll say so.

Guest victorwest

33 confirmed dead at the moment.Victor

My wife and I flew into BWI from LHR on the 4th after a couple of weeks in England. While there, we took the tube from LHR to our hotel and along the various sites in London. I remember thinking to myself how horrible it would be to be caught in a bomb or fire on the tube due to an incident like what happened today. I guess my mind was drifting to the similarities between London, Madrid, and New York.Our thoughts and prayers certainly are with the victims and families today.RH

>I don't.>>If the Moderators think my posts are inappropriate, I'm sure>they'll say so.Do you really want that I list all other reasons around the world, which easily could be of equal or more importance regarding loss of lives?But maybe the reason for you to post, is more of political reasons?This is a flightsim or to that related forum. ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Prayers for the Victims, and their families, and solidarity with our friends.Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Matt Johnson

"This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation topics and any other topics not covered in other forums. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here."Please do not deign to decide what should or should not appear in our forums. That's our job as the forum moderators, not yours.Matt

>"This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation>topics and any other topics not covered in other>forums. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in>another forum before posting here.">>Please do not deign to decide what should or should not appear>in our forums. That's our job as the forum moderators, not>yours.>>MattHi Matt,Well,..I understand that, but you aswell as I know wherto discussions like this has led before.Next step can well be, world famin, child trafficing, child labor etc. etc. etc......if discussions like that is ok with you? ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

London has seen terrorist attacks before. Today we saw another. However, I can say with certainty that none of this will sway us from celebrating, in 2012, one of the best Olympic games ever held.

"Well,..I understand that, but you aswell as I know wherto discussions like this has led before.Next step can well be, world famin, child trafficing, child labor etc. etc. etc......if discussions like that is ok with you? ;-)"I'm glad you mentioned this, so users are more aware that threads like these are better for expressing condolences for those involved, and any political, religious discussion should be avoided. We all have valid opinions on politics, religion, etc..., but expressing them in a forum is a bit too challenging for anyone under the level of "Statesman" and I don't know many that qualify--I know I don't. Written words are so easily misunderstood--well, so are spoken ones too. But saying "I am sorry this happened, and my thoughts go out to the people it happened to", I think is universally understood and I share that thought. I don't mind seeing such thoughts shared here whenever there's a tragedy although it's usually only the ones that everyone hears about that gain a foothold here.-John

Well said.There was a popular slogan during the Blitz, sadly just as relevant in recent years - Londoners can take it!It's business as usual tomorrow.Ian

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Staffan,I have been lurking, if not posting, here on Avsim for years. Not once have I ever felt compelled to berate someone on a public forum before. I'm more than willing to risk being banned to say this to you:***Edited by moderator*****Your comments were disgusting. How dare you, at a time like this, insinuate that there are things of greater importance than a nation's healing.Maybe when the terrorists visit Stockholm, we'll be equally callous to your pain and suffering. To all the residents of London, and England as a whole, we're with you. On September 11th, you mourned our loss as if it were your own. Now, we stand by you.Your people are not strangers to this sort of violence. Though hopefully, together, we can overcome this nonsense. Peace be with you.Nick LandolfiUnited States of America