Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

AutogenConfigurationMerger don´t needed anymore?

For those using the useful Autogen Configuration Merger tool from Arno, it seems that it won´t be needed anymore in P3Dv4.4, as this latest version would come with native support to merge autogen descriptions with the main autogen files.

Does anyone knows what has to be done to make this work (natively) in P3Dv4.4?.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed, check on the FS developer forums as there are a couple of threads there  on how to do that. There's an autogen.cfg file that must be edited in order to point to other autogen locations.

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Ed, check on the FS developer forums as there are a couple of threads there  on how to do that. There's an autogen.cfg file that must be edited in order to point to other autogen locations.

Thanks Jay, I´ve looked there but only found one thread that to me is mostly unclear on how to do this. I´ll look for the rest of the posts to see if I can get further clarifications.

Are you still using ACM?. In the thread I found at FS Developer forums it says it´s crashing, don´t know if it´s ACM that´s crashing or P3Dv4.4. Not clear enough.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I promised a couple of my scenery users that I'd show a way to change from using the merger tool to the new native method. This is mainly aimed at my customers, but would work with any current developers who use the merger tool. Sorry it's quite rambling, but I wanted people to understand why as well as how....

This is posted on my own site.

It assumes an existing add-on.xml file, but of course you could just create your own with a bit of reading on FSDeveloper.com.

I've been a big supporter of the merger tool, but it is great to see the LM have recognised the need for native support for this! 

Edited by toprob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, toprob said:

I promised a couple of my scenery users that I'd show a way to change from using the merger tool to the new native method. This is mainly aimed at my customers, but would work with any current developers who use the merger tool. Sorry it's quite rambling, but I wanted people to understand why as well as how....

This is posted on my own site.

It assumes an existing add-on.xml file, but of course you could just create your own with a bit of reading on FSDeveloper.com.

I've been a big supporter of the merger tool, but it is great to see the LM have recognised the need for native support for this! 

Thanks for sharing your expertise. I have many sceneries that use the merger, including yours which are among the best for P3D, and so far I have not had any CTDs or issues.

I'm looking forward to Christchurch! PLEASE make your photo sceneries for NZ available. After seeing what you did with NZDN, I want everything you offer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 hours ago, toprob said:

Hi, many thanks for this tutorial!. Just what I needed to know!.

It´s really impressive the amount of knowledge and quality of information that we AVSIM forum users have available!.

Thanks so much again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Ed,

I left the detailed answer to someone who has tried the new native autogen method. You might want to subscribe to this thread on FS Developer, though:

Got it, thanks, Jay.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed