Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

P3D folder opens when starting P3D

I have a shortcut P3D v4 on my desktop, whenever i use this to open P3D to go fly, my P3D root folder opens too...weired!!!!!!!

Bob

12 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

I have a shortcut P3D v4 on my desktop, whenever i use this to open P3D to go fly, my P3D root folder opens too...weired!!!!!!!

Bob

If you have your shortcut directly pointing to your prepar3D.exe file, it should never open your main P3D folder.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Deleted.

Edited by GHD

Go to P3d folder, find P3d exe file, right click, create shortcut, move shortcut to desktop. Voila! 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hey Howard, thats exactly what i did/do. Still the same, P3D opens but so does the P3D root directory 

Bob

Hello Bob,

Can you give us a screenshot of the shortcut properties please?

Regards.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Thanks Bob, as expected... nothing strange here. Just a normal .lnk file. :blush:

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

What happens when you start p3d without using a shortcut?

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Well the folder is already opened cause i have to get to the .exe. root folder stays opened but gets half the size window. 

Hi Bob,

I suppose you still haven't found the cause, or solution for this strange behavior?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but it is in my nature as an ex IT support guy ;)

What happens when you start prepar3d from the command prompt, so not from within windows explorer. I think you know how to do it, but please use the method I describe here below. Especially the last part, paste the command exactly as I give it to you.

Click on Start -> type cmd and launch Command Prompt. We'll ignore the fact to have it run as Administrator for this time.

Then type in d: and hit enter

next paste this command, including the quotes to be sure, and press enter.

"Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe"

Please tell me, do you get the same result?

All the best.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

vesalius, I did your comand, says.... "The system cannot find the path specified"

Oh... according to the screenshot of your shortcut, it should have launched the sim.

Can you, from the command prompt, navigate to the P3D folder?

start -> cmd -> enter

d: -> enter

cd "lockheed martin" -> enter

cd "prepar3d v4" -> enter

prepar3d.exe -> enter

Can you please tell me where it goes wrong now?

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Ok vesalius, in your post before your last Ididn't  put the: after the d. I re-tried all the commands and it does open P3D, but still opens the root folder