Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

Latest version of Falcon 50?

Recommended Posts

Hi

I have just purchased the Falcon 50 from SimMarket and seem to have two possible zip files: one shown as v1.3, the other v1.4.    Can anyone explain the difference as I can see no reference to an update to v1.4 on the Flysimware website.  I am currently using P3D v4.3, so which version of the aircraft is more suitable?

Thanks

Keith


Regards

Keith Bowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kbowler said:

Hi

I have just purchased the Falcon 50 from SimMarket and seem to have two possible zip files: one shown as v1.3, the other v1.4.    Can anyone explain the difference as I can see no reference to an update to v1.4 on the Flysimware website.  I am currently using P3D v4.3, so which version of the aircraft is more suitable?

Thanks

Keith

Version 1.4 was released late last night (or early this morning depending on where you are). FSW Newsletter says:

 

Flysimware's Dassault Falcon 50

 Falcon 50 VERSION 1.4 Updates:
•    New Features
Brought back the animated tables in cabin.
•    Bugs & Updates
Removed the GPWS flap override as this was not simulated. This will increase FPS.
Removed the ELT (Electronic Locator Transponder). This will increase FPS.
Fixed a flashing screen bug for P3D V1-V3.

Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ark said:

Version 1.4 was released late last night (or early this morning depending on where you are). FSW Newsletter says:

 

Flysimware's Dassault Falcon 50

 Falcon 50 VERSION 1.4 Updates:
•    New Features
Brought back the animated tables in cabin.
•    Bugs & Updates
Removed the GPWS flap override as this was not simulated. This will increase FPS.
Removed the ELT (Electronic Locator Transponder). This will increase FPS.
Fixed a flashing screen bug for P3D V1-V3.

Al

 

I wondered about the comment:

..."Removed the GPWS flap override as this was not simulated. This will increase FPS.
Removed the ELT (Electronic Locator Transponder). This will increase FPS..."

Are these removals going to increase FPS? or is the removal going to reduce the present FPS? I am a little confused..


Geoff Bryce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, por930 said:

I wondered about the comment:

..."Removed the GPWS flap override as this was not simulated. This will increase FPS.
Removed the ELT (Electronic Locator Transponder). This will increase FPS..."

Are these removals going to increase FPS? or is the removal going to reduce the present FPS? I am a little confused..

I think the point of FSW's comment was that reducing the amount of code to be processed should help increase (improve) FPS.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    39%
    $9,885.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...