Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[06JAN19] PMDG 747 QOTSII Updated 3.00.9195 via Ops Center

Just to add a side note to my comments above, perhaps the prime reason(s) for me missing out on what's been going on in the FlightSim realm for a few months is that I've been trying to get past a very rough season, during which involved the passing of my mother last month. Even more, I was not able to be with her during her final days. Shook me up pretty good.

Thusly, I'm just now resuming with the virtual flying hobby, and that would lend sensible explanation as to how I just now discovered this issue with my PMDG 74's.

Thanks,

Kenneth Ord Smith

As far as your other aircraft and scenery, I don't know of any add-ons that have issues with going from 4.3 to 4.4, other than maybe ActiveSky, but even then, it's just a case of updating ActiveSky, so it has the capability of running in 4.4. It's normally backwards compatibility that's an issue, not forwards compatibility.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Ken

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

The PMDG upgrade (including PBR update) will require you to upgrade P3D v4 to 4.4. This P3D upgrade will require both the Client and Content upgrade (detailed instructions are on the L-M website).

In addition to the ActiveSky update mentioned by Kevin above, you may need to update FSUIPC (if used), any 3rd party GPS (if used) and REX/Milviz Weather Radar (if used). I don't recall any scenery updates for the P3D v4.4 upgrade.

When it's said and done, you won't regret that you've made the switch.

Regards, Rob