Sign in to follow this  
kama2004

Vertx DA62 Spotlights

For Night Flying with the DA62, I created a Flight Sim Labs Spotlight profile allowing a dimmer lighting than the one offered by the original flood light dimmer in the VC.

• FSLSpotlights is an application that FSLabs incorporated in their Airbus and made available for free to the public as donation ware (since v2.0.0.9). It works with P3d V4.1 and more.
  • It allows creating a group of small lights in the VC that can provide dim (or bright) lighting to various part of the panel.
  • I used it to put a dim bluish light on the G1000 PFD and MFD knobs and buttons. Also one for the compass.

Installation:

• You need to download and install Spotlights from FlighSimLabs web site under the “tool” menu item. Don’t worry about the price shown, it’s free now. There is some information on the page also about the app.
  • Then drop the spotlight file (FSLSpotLights.ini) in the aircraft menu of P3D. Same place as you find the aircraft.cfg file. For those registered on the FSLabs forum, you can go the the FSL Spotlights section and search for the thread named “Spotlight Config Files To Be Shared With The Community” and look on page 3 to find the file. Others can drop me a PM and I will send them the file.

Operation:

• FSLSpotlights will put a small contextual menu on the bottom left of your P3D screen (a very small square that you can click to expand the window). It’s described on the product page.
  • You can use this menu to put this lighting ON or OFF or to modify the dim level. I put a level of 70% for my machine allowing you to select slightly higher or lower level. The results is affected by several other settings on your system;
    • your monitor: mode/brightness/contrast
    • your HDR settings; mine is 0.29, 1.0, 1.0
    • maybe shaders mod or other … I haven’t tested
  • During day operation, I either reduce the level at 10% or close the splotlights altogether.
  • You can also show or hide the Spotlights window using the option provided in the Add-On menu of P3D.

Limitation:

-          You cannot operate those lights with a VC switch, you have to use the FSLSpotlights menu to put them ON or OFF.

Dark sky…!!

45802044315_655f68ba11_b.jpg

32842404918_c882ca5574_b.jpg

45802044605_bf8540950b_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks, Pierre. I downloaded the spotlight program last week, but have not attempted install yet. Now I have better  knowledge about what I'm getting into.