Recommended Posts

Hi, I just upgraded the default 737 with the Zibo mod. I have several flightplans in .fms format (XPflightplanner, PFPX,LittleNavMap) but I do not see them in co routes, actually I do not see any flightplans. I would very much appreciate any ideas .

 

Thanks

 

Bernd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

36 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Hi, I just upgraded the default 737 with the Zibo mod. I have several flightplans in .fms format (XPflightplanner, PFPX,LittleNavMap) but I do not see them in co routes, actually I do not see any flightplans. I would very much appreciate any ideas .

 

Thanks

 

Bernd

Bernd

If you are using  PFPX, did you try just exporting using the export and check mark Xplane your flight plan into following folder:

X-plane 11\Output\FMS plans\"depdes01.fms" (exampe for the fms file name)

If its in there then in your FMC type in co route "depdes01" and the route will load.

Go to the RTE page and you will see the route.

Bob

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bob, thank you so much. I did what you suggested but I am getting a Load Route Error. I am sure I put in the coorect .fms name. I also do not see any route on the tablet in the cockpit. Do you have any other suggestions?

 

Thanks!!

 

Bernd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to fill in the origin and destination fields as well as the coroute plan itself. It should then load without problems. 

You can try with simbrief also. Save the plan in the Output-> FMS Plans folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

You have to fill in the origin and destination fields as well as the coroute plan itself. It should then load without problems. 

You can try with simbrief also. Save the plan in the Output-> FMS Plans folder.

 

Thanks Jude

@bjablonka8120

Jude is correct.

Follow Jude's advice, you can use simbrief also as a sanity check if you feel there is an error in PFPX, which I doubt because I use it all the time.

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Jude and Bob. I used PfPx to create a flight plan in fms format and save it in XP under D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Output\FMS plans. I start XP, load the 800X and open the FMC, go to route and put in as orig EDDH and as dest EDDF. I then put in under co routes EDDHEDDF, however it does not load the flightplan. In the tablet I change the flightplan format from fmx to fms but it did not made a difference. I really like the 800X and would like to get it to work. Would very much appreciate any ideas.

 

Thanks so much.

 

Bernd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to enter the exact file name minus the extension in order to load the flight plan.

Example:
Origin - EDDP
Destination - EIDW
Flight plan file name - EDDPEIDW.fms

FMC origin - EDDP
FMC destination - EIDW
FMC company route - EDDPEIDW

If the plan still won't load, B738X_apt.dat or B738X_rnw.dat in the 737-800X's folder might be corrupted or missing. File sizes should be around 1 megabyte and 4.5 megabytes respectively. They are usually contained in the 800X' base installation package.

Edited by Bjoern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Thank you Jude and Bob. I used PfPx to create a flight plan in fms format and save it in XP under D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Output\FMS plans. I start XP, load the 800X and open the FMC, go to route and put in as orig EDDH and as dest EDDF. I then put in under co routes EDDHEDDF, however it does not load the flightplan. In the tablet I change the flightplan format from fmx to fms but it did not made a difference. I really like the 800X and would like to get it to work. Would very much appreciate any ideas.

 

Thanks so much.

 

Bernd

bjabonka8120

When you save the flight plan from PFPX, sometimes PFPX will put a 01 behind the flight route name. For example for flightplan OP will stored as EDDHEDDF, but the actual route is store as EDDHEDDF01.fms. 

What you type in the of the fmc coroute is EDDHEDDF01.  (like others are saying, they have to match. Also your Dep and Des must be enter firsts.

Make sure when you export your fms file that its actually appears in the X-plane 11\Output\FMS plans\ folder, with date and time. Look there first. If its not there you need to going to PFPX and make sure your export path has the correct Drive letter and path with X-plane 11\Output FMS plans listed.

Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Bjoern and Bob. Bob you were exactly correct, I forgot the "01", when I added it it worked. Great! Hate to ask, on the tablet I cannot get to work the route ot anything on the AVITAB. Please tell me what I am missing again.

 

Thanks so much.

 

Bernd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Thank you Bjoern and Bob. Bob you were exactly correct, I forgot the "01", when I added it it worked. Great! Hate to ask, on the tablet I cannot get to work the route ot anything on the AVITAB. Please tell me what I am missing again.

 

Thanks so much.

 

Bernd

Good deal, I am glad you got it going. 

Remember, depending on how many routes you create of the same type, the number it may increase by one depending how many you have save.

If you have a Navigraph Chart subscription.

This is link will be helpful in explain integrate the Navigraph Charts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT_FKOPoIs

The next link will show how to add pdf charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV4HfMPGAVE

Hope that would help

Bob

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now