I went to check out requirements for the Rift today at the oculus website and it says Windows 10, 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.

I can get an expansion card for the USB ports but I was really hoping to use Win 7 64.  Does the Rift work with Win 7 and are there any other VR headsets that do?  I'm looking for the least expensive/best for the money way to get into VR for steam games mostly but also XP11.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

22 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I went to check out requirements for the Rift today at the oculus website and it says Windows 10, 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.

I can get an expansion card for the USB ports but I was really hoping to use Win 7 64.  Does the Rift work with Win 7 and are there any other VR headsets that do?  I'm looking for the least expensive/best for the money way to get into VR for steam games mostly but also XP11.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/oculus-drops-windows-7-8.1,37368.html

Oh well.  Thanks Hi Flyer.  I  haven't been to toms hardware in a while. didn't even think of them really.  thanks for posting.

Hi,

I have a 3 y old GTX 970 and a i2600 k processor and my rift is working perfectly fine in  windows7.

Most games are ok at the lower settings. Very high resolution settings are useless because the rift is pretty low resolution. In games the supersampling settings are not that important. In flightsims they are but I'm still doing fine with ss1.0 or 1.1

Jozeff

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:18 PM, jozeff said:

Hi,

I have a 3 y old GTX 970 and a i2600 k processor and my rift is working perfectly fine in  windows7.

Most games are ok at the lower settings. Very high resolution settings are useless because the rift is pretty low resolution. In games the supersampling settings are not that important. In flightsims they are but I'm still doing fine with ss1.0 or 1.1

Jozeff

Hi -  Thank you very much.  I thought Win 7 should still work.  Im really torn as to whether I even want something 'better' than the rift.  I got the impression from something Ben Supnik said on the X Plane developer blog that the newer higher resolution headsets tended to have more performance related issues (frames) and would require a beefier system.  Im just not ready for all that.

I mostly want to try American Truck sim and XP11 and then also get into standing VR games so I can get more exercise than I currently do.