Sign in to follow this  
CaptainXG

New 38" monitor for P3d v4 // 2019 Help / Comments requested

On a different tack, Ray, can I solicit your advice on something like your BENQ but not as expensive or not as huge as that as I do not have the writing desk space where my current 24-in Dell UltraSharp U2412M sits?

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

On a different tack, Ray, can I solicit your advice on something like your BENQ but not as expensive or not as huge as that as I do not have the writing desk space where my current 24-in Dell UltraSharp U2412M sits?

I saw a Samsung 28" UHD at a recent flight sim meeting. Around £330 in the UK. Image was very impressive.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/uhd-ue590/LU28E590DSEN/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for that Ray. Looks really cool, and more to the point, affordable to me. Appreciate that. If it makes my PMDG 737NGX or FSL A319/320 cockpits look good, I am up for it.

Rick, It will be even sharper than my 32" as the same number of pixels are packed into a smaller area. Check independent reviews rather than those on Amazon.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. I never ever check any reviews from Amazon, but will read elsewhere.

Trusted Reviews are pretty fair.   https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-u28d590d

Windows 10 will take care of sizing of icons and text. That's why I couldn't have a 32" UHD with Win 7.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One last question, Ray, as I have not yet opened my MSI GTX1080Ti, does it have an HDMI port to link to that Samsung's HDMI port? I am told that HDMI is tons better than DV-I as on my current EVGA GTX970 via DV-I to VGA adaptor to the Dell?

2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

One last question, Ray, as I have not yet opened my MSI GTX1080Ti, does it have an HDMI port to link to that Samsung's HDMI port? I am told that HDMI is tons better than DV-I as on my current EVGA GTX970 via DV-I to VGA adaptor to the Dell?

It does but I use Display Port. DVI can't support UHD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It does but I use Display Port. DVI can't support UHD.

That, re:DV-I, I was told. As you are the 'guru' on these matters, AFAIC, does that 108Ti have a Display Port or HDMI port to use with this Samsung? I'll be getting rid of the two EVGA GTX970s I have.

Edited by vc10man

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

That, re:DV-I, I was told. As you are the 'guru' on these matters, AFAIC, does that 108Ti have a Display Port or HDMI port to use with this Samsung? I'll be getting rid of the two EVGA GTX970s I have.

Generally all 1080Ti cards have both HDMI and DP. Here's the spec...

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-11G/Specification

You'll be okay. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Generally all 1080Ti cards have both HDMI and DP. Here's the spec...

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-GAMING-X-11G/Specification

You'll be okay. 👍

Thanks a lot for that Ray. Now I am good to go. Really appreciate your efforts.👏

Edited by vc10man

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks a lot for that Ray. Now I am good to go. Really appreciate your efforts.👏

You're welcome Rick. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that Ray. Looks really cool, and more to the point, affordable to me. Appreciate that. If it makes my PMDG 737NGX or FSL A319/320 cockpits look good, I am up for it.

I have the 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor.  Contrast ratio and black levels are not very good.  I would stay clear.

Matt Wilson

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I saw a Samsung 28" UHD at a recent flight sim meeting. Around £330 in the UK. Image was very impressive.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/uhd-ue590/LU28E590DSEN/

In the right environment and lighting these monitors do look nice.  However one will quickly notice the lackluster contrast ratio and horrible blacks.  A newer 4K TV at the same price level will have a superior image.  

Matt Wilson