Sign in to follow this  
sevyns

Autopilot Disconnect Siren Won't Silence

I recently reinstalled the 747 after a break and have ran into an issue I don't recall having before. Just like the title says, the siren will not silence after disconnecting the autopilot. The ONLY way I can get the siren to stop is if I toggle it from Wailer, to Siren, and back to Wailer again (Warning Sys page 21/22).

I've tried all of the following:

1 Using the AP disco switch (R-click on TOGA click spot, CNTRL-SHIFT-z, and even clicking on the rendered yoke). I've tried hitting it twice, and recofiguring it to 1-Press and hitting it once without any luck

2. Pushing the master caution/warning light after hitting the disco button

3. Using the disco bar on the glare shield (Autopilot controls), hitting master caution

Like I said, I don't remember this being a problem before. For now, I'm just flying with my warning sounds set to 0 but I'd like to know if I'm doing sometihng incorrectly or if this is a bug. From what I read, and have seen online, I believe it's a bug but maybe I missed something...

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Hi, sevyns. I've had the same issue, still do sometimes, what I found was 1- make sure your controller is calibrated right, 2- make sure your pitch and speed are correct. Hope that helps,

Mike.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Thanks Mike - I forgot to mention (I've tried  quite a few things to solve this) I also disabled the realism option to allow control input when the autopilot is engaged. I haven't had any issues with un-commanded disengagements I just can't seem to silence the siren (or wailer when selected) after a manually commanded disco.

Matt

Edited by sevyns

Push the A/P disconnect (not the bar) twice, not quickly but about 2 sec between each press.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, sevyns said:

1 Using the AP disco switch (R-click on TOGA click spot, CNTRL-SHIFT-z, and even clicking on the rendered yoke). I've tried hitting it twice, and recofiguring it to 1-Press and hitting it once without any luck

The presses need to be a few seconds apart. The reason for this is to ensure that the first press was intentional. If the allowed the presses to be too close together, bumping the button could actually disconnect the AP and silence it without anyone noticing.

2. Pushing the master caution/warning light after hitting the disco button

It's not supposed to. Use the above method.

(Regardless of if the plane is configured with the option that allows you to silence the alarm in this way.)

3. Using the disco bar on the glare shield (Autopilot controls), hitting master caution

Same as above (2.). This is similar to shutting the lights off in a house by pulling the circuit breaker. It'll work, but...there's a more proper way.

Please be sure to read the Intro Manual - <sim directory>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Flight Manuals\PMDG_747_Introduction.pdf

Kyle Rodgers