Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

KPHL and KSLC for P3Dv4..??

I am so happy to see people using and enjoying the freeware SunSkyJet KPHL Scenery!  That scenery was almost completely redone from FS9 to FSX over a 3+ year time frame, and Ian and Shez did GREAT work!  

Philly (Philadelphia) was my home for 10 years while I worked for DoD, and I met my wife there!  I've flown in and out of  KPHL more times than I want to remember, and I was doing so while we were working on the scenery.  We even took pictures of the two large bridges in the vicinity of the airport as they were recently painted and we wanted to get the colors right.  The airport itself is done in amazingly accurate detail and it's just what the real airport looks like.  So yeah, it looks "older" because that's how it is in real life!  It's really amazing what Ian and Shez did.

For those looking at using this scenery, the installer is only for FSX so you have to install in a a folder you create (anywhere you wish) and then use Lorby's P3DAO to add the scenery, or you can use the XML file HERE (but you'll have to edit it with the correct path on your own computer, of course).  If you use Lorby's then it won't automatically add the Effects and what not (open the add-on.xml file I've provided to see the additional entries).

Best wishes everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I know this is somewhat of an old post but it has to do with the KPHL scenery.

I have this scenery installed in Prepar3d 4.5 and it seems to work well except for the ILS (esp 27R)..Have not tried other ILS approaches...

I was flying a route yesterday from LIRF to KPHL and all was good until i tried intercepting the ILS 27R localizer. I had the LOC engaged on my A330-300 when it all of a sudden it decided bank hard to the left from the app path. I had to quickly dis-engage the NAV and use HDG to get me back on the course (268 deg). 

I know there are 2 AFCADs that you can preload depending on  the wind direction which affects the AI traffic at the airport.

My question is does this ALSO affect the active ILSs at the airport also?

Jim

i5 8600K @ 4.5GHZ || 16GB RAM || GTX1070 8GB || 500GB SSD || Win 10
Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10
PDMG 737-800,777, Aerosoft A319/A320/A321/A330, QW 787

Works perfectly for me in 4.5. Plus I was on the team that worked this scenery, all the approaces work. You using 108.95 for 27R?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes. I did... But i have an update... It appears that you need the correct AFCAD installed depending on which direction the wind is coming from. I installed the WESTBOUND AFCAD and the LOC lock and ILS approach worked fine with the same A/C. I am assuming that this AFCAD switch also affect the usable ILS and the correct G/S and LOC bearing...

Jim

i5 8600K @ 4.5GHZ || 16GB RAM || GTX1070 8GB || 500GB SSD || Win 10
Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10
PDMG 737-800,777, Aerosoft A319/A320/A321/A330, QW 787

On 8/12/2019 at 11:16 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Works perfectly for me in 4.5. Plus I was on the team that worked this scenery, all the approaces work. You using 108.95 for 27R?

Great scenery!

How to remove the light of a lighthouse? It is flat))

117k8z.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

6 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Great scenery!

How to remove the light of a lighthouse? It is flat))

117k8z.jpg

That isn't a lighthouse, that's one of the airport towers and the light is there on purpose (as it is at the real airport).  It works fine for me. 

Dave Hodges

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That isn't a lighthouse, that's one of the airport towers and the light is there on purpose (as it is at the real airport).  It works fine for me. 

Works great in P3Dv5!

But the tower light is still flat)) Only $ 5 for a beautiful scenery. Just a gift)

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

Works great in P3Dv5!

But the tower light is still flat)) Only $ 5 for a beautiful scenery. Just a gift)

The scenery is not P3Dv5 compatible, per se.

For support, please use the SunSkyJet forum, not AVSIM.  It's always better to go directly to the source.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

I would use the iniBuilds mods for KPHL to remove the static jetways and add GSX level 2 jetways now. Remember to remove anim.bgl for the pink poly. 

As Dave said I would imagine P3D 4.5 is the final version for this scenery (sadly). The new sloped runways etc. may render this scenery obsolete.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"