Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Out of Ely to visit Great Basin National Park

Great Basin national park is an out of the way park in remote Eastern Nevada, near the Utah/Nevada border.  I decided to expand my Ortho scenery with what drive space I had left so I could cover almost the entire desert southwest and west Texas.  I have included a map of my Ortho coverage....

John

kB5qJEc.png
RM5nrnf.png
SZ07b7X.png
q0JhU6c.png
7S5jA95.png
y0s6slX.png
K10MbVI.png
p5JgmMT.png
05ApOej.png
wrIa2DY.png
bHwNadQ.png
d4bTPR6.png
9hEBzCY.png
3z1mDtr.png
dWguoCb.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That's a massive regional coverage, John! Great shots and good topographic details too!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

That's a massive regional coverage, John! Great shots and good topographic details too!

I forgot to mention I also have all of the Hawaiian islands covered as well.  Great Basin park is where I have driven the highest in my life, over 11,500 feet to the parking area just below the trails to the summit.  I went there when the aspens were a brilliant yellow, the sky a pristine blue.  I hiked for about seven miles, did not suffer altitude sickness because I had already acclimatized myself by hiking in Glacier, the Tetons, and Yellowstone the week before.  I would love to fly around that park in a private aircraft some day, it is a small park but the road up that mountain is just amazing with its overlooks, trees and wildlife.  There is also a cave there but I did not explore it due to US caving rules that one cannot hike thru a cave if one has been in another cave within a certain period of time due to contamination issues.

John

• Like 1

Nice shots. I know the area well having made 2 road trips there in recent years. An extraordinarily beautiful region. What zoom level are you using in the Ortho4XP downloads?

• Like 1