Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Features request

Team,

I have a favor to ask:  Would it be possible to add a variable in the mce.ini that would allow the Copilot to automatically turn on/off the landing lights (and taxi lights) without a verbal command?  I was thinking something like:

lndLtsMSL=10000  //once the aircraft passes this MSL, the copilot would turn on/off the landing lights.  

Also, is it possible for the copilot to automatically execute flows prior to a checklist, or have certain actions identified within the checklist itself ?  As an example, imagine the pilot calls "before start checklist', could  a line be entered into that checklist that would cause the copilot to execute the before start flow before reading the checklist items:

flow=before start flow //this would call the before start flow

or

can we simply place the commands in the checklist itself:

[Script]

All pax off

as always, thank you for your considerations!  

Matt King

14 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Team,

I have a favor to ask:  Would it be possible to add a variable in the mce.ini that would allow the Copilot to automatically turn on/off the landing lights (and taxi lights) without a verbal command?  I was thinking something like:

lndLtsMSL=10000  //once the aircraft passes this MSL, the copilot would turn on/off the landing lights.  

Also, is it possible for the copilot to automatically execute flows prior to a checklist, or have certain actions identified within the checklist itself ?  As an example, imagine the pilot calls "before start checklist', could  a line be entered into that checklist that would cause the copilot to execute the before start flow before reading the checklist items:

flow=before start flow //this would call the before start flow

or

can we simply place the commands in the checklist itself:

[Script]

All pax off

as always, thank you for your considerations!  

It's possible to achieve the same thing without changes to the software.

Change the trigger sentence "before start flow" to something like "Before start flow and checklist" (or whatever trigger sentence you want, thgen add this command at the end of the associated flow "before start checklist".

FO will then perform the flow and start reading relevant checklist section as soon as he;s done with the flow.

You don't even need to change the trigger sentence. Just adding command "before start checklist" at the end of the flow will do.

A work around for the landing lights that I have set up is to create 2 voice scripts of 'Above ten thousand' and 'below ten thousand' in which the copilot switches both pax signs and lights on and off.

I know it's not automatic but it seems to be effective

Hi, the above two answers do the job. I have the line "passing transition" and the FO turns off landing lights and resets altimeter to standard. Transition in descent needs the QNH so I have FO asking me what's the QNH sir? Then just ask FO to dial it!

I know what the OP means about MCE recognising the altitude automatically and then turning the lights on/off, but that may not work with all simulations since the key strokes may differ?

If you have all options on, FO will complain if you are about to stall! So the program is extremely clever, knows the stalling speed and says various things to get your attention. It could have "about to cross ten thousand" as standard, but auto flicking the switch for lights I doubt would be universal.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

Transition in descent needs the QNH so I have FO asking me what's the QNH sir? Then just ask FO to dial it!

Do you have a script that you could share for that?