Rene_Feijen

P3DV4 EZDOK CamerV3

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I today installed EZDOK Camera V3 in Prepar3D V4. I ran the config tool, then ran P3D but before P3D starts I get 3 times an memory access violation borlndmm.dll error message. Then I see message Applicatiosn cannot run first run configuration tool for registered components (but I already did that!).  Then P3D starts and in the sim I see no EZDOK menu. I run the config tool with admin rights, I run P3D also with admin rights.

I am stuck...

Edited by Rene_Feijen

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I today installed EZDOK Camera V3 in Prepar3D V4. I ran the config tool, then ran P3D but before P3D starts I get 3 times an memory access violation borlndmm.dll error message. Then I see message Applicatiosn cannot run first run configuration tool for registered components (but I already did that!).  Then P3D starts and in the sim I see no EZDOK menu. I run the config tool with admin rights, I run P3D also with admin rights.

I am stuck... 

This bug has been fixed for a long time. Please update to build version.62. The other day (today or tomorrow) this build will be released officially and when you download EZCA3 will offer to update automatically. But you can already do it manually.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-3-beta-here_topic61285.html

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the quick reply. BUt I already deinstalled EZDOK to try clean install.

My TrackIR is also not working anymore after installing and deinstalling EZDOK. Should I get that working first and then install EZDOK plus update build 62 or does that make no difference? 

 

And should I first install the setup from the website and then the update?

I also have Chaseplane, which causes heavy stuttering, which is the reason why I bought EZDOK. Maybe that causes conflicts too?

Edited by Rene_Feijen

Share this post


Link to post

Well, as I am of to work now I am now in the process of restoring complete system backup (from yesterday). Then I will deinstall Chaseplane, then install EZDOK V3 and then the update to build 62 and will then try.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Well, as I am of to work now I am now in the process of restoring complete system backup (from yesterday). Then I will deinstall Chaseplane, then install EZDOK V3 and then the update to build 62 and will then try. 

Yes. First, install the basic version of EZCA v3. When you first start the simulator - EZCA should detect the update .62 (tonight it be release officialy) and give a link to the download, then close itself. You just install the update and can run EZCA v3 manually without leaving the simulator. Or, after the next sim run, EZCA3 will start automatically. Of course, after the initial installation of EZCA v3, remember to run the Config tool.

Still, read the manual features with TrackIr.(Page 44)  http://www.ezdok-camera.com/files/EZCA3_User_manual_ENG.pdf

For any questions please contact us on the support forum or support.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-software_forum39.html

Edited by Nickbe

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, it now works (and now I have to learn the program). I now have the EZCA menu within Prepar3D, and my TrackIr is functioning.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi asked on Simforums as well. Iseelooking at V3 manual, install directory

still shows thevC:\program files... for install. I dont install in that folder at all.

I install programs on my D drive. Is this possible with EZCA V3 now..I hope.

Thanks for any info.

Best,

David

Share this post


Link to post

See your reaction now, David. Maybe the new build is just now in the new install download file?

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/7/2019 at 2:04 AM, David B said:

Hi asked on Simforums as well. Iseelooking at V3 manual, install directory

still shows thevC:\program files... for install. I dont install in that folder at all.

I install programs on my D drive. Is this possible with EZCA V3 now..I hope.

Thanks for any info. 

Best,

David

Hi!

EZCA3 will work from any folder if you manually copy to a new location. But then you will have to manually fix the startup path in the EXE.XML file after each run of the Config tool. It is better to leave the default path C:\Program files.

Share this post


Link to post

I am having this EXACT SAME issue:  EZCA 2.8.0.1 is stable. I install v3, and then the errors occur as this writer describes.  Im not sure what “upgrade to build .62” means. - but I have just attempted the v3 install yesterday and there is no automatic updating once installed as is suggested.  

Virus scan is off - running files as admin. But im stuck. Cant figure this one out. Plz help. 

Share this post


Link to post

I didnt have automatic update. I installed with the installer from the website (had to go manually to where it is stored from within the F1 shopping app and then run manually as Administrator)  and then it keeps crashing. Then I downloaded manually the beta build 62 from the beta forum, installed as admin. Then EZCA worked and strangely the first time it says there is an update (so it says that AFTER i DID the update) on the server.... Which I dont download because I already installed it. After this EZCA works.

Share this post


Link to post
Hi!
EZCA v3 was released as an open beta release. The "Access violation" problem was discovered after the release and was present in a small number of users. At normal error-free start-up, EZCA3 checks for new versions and offers a link to update. If you run with an error, the automatic update was not available, so here on the forum there are links to all new builds.
 
The latest build you can always find here on the forum in the thread:

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Nickbe said:
EZCA v3 was released as an open beta release.

Nick, is there anyway to use the mousewheel to zoom in without having to click the mousewheel button?

I just want to be able to press spacebar and then pan & zoom freely. Is this a known issue? 

EDIT: I just saw that the latest 3.0.1.62 has some MM changes, will go and try it out now. Thanks

 

Edited by DellyPilot

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Nickbe said:
Hi!
EZCA v3 was released as an open beta release. The "Access violation" problem was discovered after the release and was present in a small number of users. At normal error-free start-up, EZCA3 checks for new versions and offers a link to update. If you run with an error, the automatic update was not available, so here on the forum there are links to all new builds.
 
The latest build you can always find here on the forum in the thread:

That's OK, I appreciate your work and communication here. I know betas can present problems, I think it is great to be able to communicate here with short response times!

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Nick, is there anyway to use the mousewheel to zoom in without having to click the mousewheel button?

I just want to be able to press spacebar and then pan & zoom freely. Is this a known issue?  

EDIT: I just saw that the latest 3.0.1.62 has some MM changes, will go and try it out now. Thanks 

In the preparation of versions of EZCA v3 Bild 61-62 has done extensive work for the implementation of the control using the mouse buttons and spacebar key in the SPOT mode. In addition, there have been significant changes in the keyboard polling module to work with complex keyboard commands sent by devices like the Logitech G13.

The complexity of the system generates new bugs. We have already compiled a new bug list and are now actively working to fix various bugs. In addition, we are actively working on the introduction of cloud storage presets. In any case, we collect feedback on all sorts of problems. Also we are grateful to the community giving good feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

In the preparation of versions of EZCA v3 Bild 61-62 has done extensive work for the implementation of the control using the mouse buttons and spacebar key in the SPOT mode. In addition, there have been significant changes in the keyboard polling module to work with complex keyboard commands sent by devices like the Logitech G13.

The complexity of the system generates new bugs. We have already compiled a new bug list and are now actively working to fix various bugs. In addition, we are actively working on the introduction of cloud storage presets. In any case, we collect feedback on all sorts of problems. Also we are grateful to the community giving good feedback.

All I want is space bar to allow me to zoom and pan in all views (not just SPOT).

I wont bother re-installing until this is achieved. Last time I uninstalled it didn't work, registry still full of EZCA and the sim still having the module loaded! I had to manually clean it all out, it also never fixed the hidden camera modes. 

Another thing I might suggest is perhaps use ToolTips to explain what all these things do, Simple MM mode vs complex MM mode? How about a little tooltip explaining what any of this means in more detail.

Anyway clicking the MM button and spinning the wheel is awful and I am not sure who can actually do that comfortably, not on my cheap mouse anyway!

Good luck with your new versions Nick, I look forward to when its ready as the new effects are brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

My P3D crashes rather soon alas, is there a way I quickly can disable EZDOK while still enabling Trackir, to rule out the possibility EZDOK causes the crashes on my system?

 

EDIT: Hm I can also try to fly default scenery in default aircraft for first testing purposes...

Edited by Rene_Feijen

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the info Nickbe. I’ll have to use the mklink. Not using the Program Files. Doesn’t work for me. I was hoping after a v3 we would finally be able to choose our custom install directory. Thanks again.

David

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now