Sign in to follow this  
jonaspirat

Do some one know what is going on with the lightning?

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I tried TomateShade myself once and had the same problem with the NGX. Just a one time try and I stay away from it. PTA works fine.

Not much you can do wrong with PTA, though. Works like a charm. The thing is that P3D with a fine tuned PTA preset looks 10 times more realistic and if I had to fly without PTA... not sure if I even would. This is what drives most people using 3rd party shaders. To each their own, of course.

We will have to agree to disagree on that my friend.  If you have any problems down the road, regardless of what they are, look to PTA.  Again... HUNDREDS of hours resolving these issues for others.  Other than that, the wonderful thing about flight sim is people can set things up anyway they wish!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

58 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We will have to agree to disagree on that my friend.  If you have any problems down the road, regardless of what they are, look to PTA.  Again... HUNDREDS of hours resolving these issues for others.  Other than that, the wonderful thing about flight sim is people can set things up anyway they wish!

Best wishes!

I never had problems with PTA or, in fact, anything. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last time I had even a small issue with my sim. I didn't think there could that much trouble caused by shaders. Anyway, my point is that even if I had some issues every now and then I couldn't go without PTA because it almost makes a new sim, visually. Looking at vanilla P3D without PTA... oof. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

I never had problems with PTA or, in fact, anything. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last time I had even a small issue with my sim. I didn't think there could that much trouble caused by shaders. Anyway, my point is that even if I had some issues every now and then I couldn't go without PTA because it almost makes a new sim, visually. Looking at vanilla P3D without PTA... oof. 🙂

Experience can differ, especially based on the type of aircraft you fly.  A lot of guys who flew strictly fly GA don't have issues with third party shaders, but those who fly PMDG, Aerosoft, Leonardo often have them.  I will grant that with some high attention to detail in what settings are modified can make a difference, but that can mean a lot of tweaking for each aircraft and personally I stopped tweaking about 12 years ago and instead focused on flying.  I'm not saying  you're a tweaker, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those who would rather tweak than fly (we have PLENTLY of these folks in our community - they just love to tinker and some of them have moved on to provide freeware and payware products too!  I'm just saying that I'd rather be flying.

So... no argument here!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Can someone kindly explain why does P3D need tweaking with PTA, tomatoshade, etc, etc, etc jingles and bells?. I never use any of these gimmicky add-ons, yet still manage to fly the PMDG 747-8i, the latest yardstick, for me, at least, with not a single issue. I am not hankering for all sliders to the right or 80-90 FPS obsession, given my current system limitations.

I load a plane, be it FSL's A3xxx, or Majestic's Dash Q8-400, or any of the PMDG stable, and even CS' 757v3, and I get what I want, a pleasant experience of the hobby I indulge in.

My tuppence worth..........

Well, PTA can change the way P3D renders the world. It can change the starkness of shadows, the strength of the lighting, the hue of fog... There's a lot of tweaking that can be done with the visuals, and if you know what you're doing you can get some fantastic results. I do use PTA, and I like it for some things. I do find myself turning down PTA settings lately and moving more and more back to the default. Perhaps I need to try a different preset until I find exactly the look I'm going for, because right now I feel that the shadows are too dark and the Raleigh scattering is too strong...

I tend to be on Dave's page with this. Some time ago I found myself endlessly tinkering with stuff like PTA, expanding my AI fleets... And while I enjoy doing that, I also noticed I hadn't actually flown for almost a month. I decided to ditch the tinkering and actually fly. Man, what a revelation! Which doesn't mean there's no more tinkering to do, either. Frankly, the other day I landed at KLAX after having totally switched from UTL to AIG's AI Manager, and the satisfaction of tens to hundreds of AI all simultaneously taxiing around, taking off, landing, was immense. Not to mention that all the activity was an amazing sight to behold!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well balanced viewpoint, Benjamin. Food for thoughts as they say, or more like, 'you takes your choice you eats your cake'😀

Edited by vc10man

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Though I'll never, EVER understand why people use third party shaders, and I have personally spent a few hundred hours troubleshooting systems only to find that aircraft and a myriad of other problems are caused by third party shaders.  It's much better to calibrate one's monitor and then adjust the gamma for day or night time rather than using these darned shader (I have them all and have tested them and countless custom profiles.

Yepper!!  I own PTA but gave up on it while waiting for the WST fix for 4.4.  I don't miss it now.  One thing I learned early on with these shader tweakers... how is the end user to know if anyone who creates a "profile" is actually doing so on a properly calibrated monitor?  And if they did calibrate their monitor, how?  I started asking such questions after seeing more than a few wonky profiles made for PTA over the past couple of years!  Now I do as Dave suggests... on a properly calibrated monitor adjust settings such a gamma, vibrance, contrast, etc.

Greg

On 3/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, jonaspirat said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WFFJWPtA-tEzfY9tjaHvkyzzmoZAa5PIl6tHpHXvDf8/edit

Here is link to some images i have in drive. I never done something like this before so pls say if it dont work 😛

I realy want to fix this problem so pls come with something that i can do to fix this problem i will be realy greatfull 

To avoid confusion on your topic, do you want me to change the last word in the topic title to “lighting?” Right now it says “lightning” which had me confused as I didn’t see any lightning in your screen shot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 hours ago, jonaspirat said:

Yes i do 

You need to download the preset on you aircraft model and press the save button in DynamicReflectionMaker.exe.  This should solve your issue. 

On 3/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Experience can differ, especially based on the type of aircraft you fly.  A lot of guys who flew strictly fly GA don't have issues with third party shaders, but those who fly PMDG, Aerosoft, Leonardo often have them.  I will grant that with some high attention to detail in what settings are modified can make a difference, but that can mean a lot of tweaking for each aircraft and personally I stopped tweaking about 12 years ago and instead focused on flying.  I'm not saying  you're a tweaker, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those who would rather tweak than fly (we have PLENTLY of these folks in our community - they just love to tinker and some of them have moved on to provide freeware and payware products too!  I'm just saying that I'd rather be flying.

So... no argument here!

Best wishes!

I fly the NGX exclusively and flew more PMDG planes in the past, never any issue. Maybe I'm just lucky but for me it's working flawlessly.

I'm with you on flying vs. tweaking. I spent a couple of days of hard tweaking for my PTA preset but that's it, once done I never really touched it again, just small adjustments. I'm flying in a sim world which looks stunningly close to real world.

22 hours ago, lownslo said:

Yepper!!  I own PTA but gave up on it while waiting for the WST fix for 4.4.  I don't miss it now.  One thing I learned early on with these shader tweakers... how is the end user to know if anyone who creates a "profile" is actually doing so on a properly calibrated monitor?  And if they did calibrate their monitor, how?  I started asking such questions after seeing more than a few wonky profiles made for PTA over the past couple of years!  Now I do as Dave suggests... on a properly calibrated monitor adjust settings such a gamma, vibrance, contrast, etc.

Greg

That's exactly what many people seem to misunderstand about something like PTA. It doesn't make sense to share PTA presets. They will look different on everyone's monitors/TVs/in everyone's sim. I tried some shared presets as a test and they looked completely different and underwhelming on my TV.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD