Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

A220

Virtualcol is set to release their A220-100/300 for P3D v4, there's some decent screenshots available here... https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=desarrollo

It looks like typical Virtualcol fare from what I can see, the screenies are low res, but it does look like Virtualcol may have stepped up their game a little bit for the VC and external models...

The dev has indicated to me he could release it this weekend, or very soon afterwards.

Air Baltic currently has 14 of the A220-300 series in operation, with order options for 30 more, so i'll probably get this just to complement my EVRA Riga airport scenery...😎 Delta airlines, a huge player in the commercial passenger airline industry, already has 80+ A220's in service, and will increase that number to almost 150 over the next five years, so with an airline like Delta going "all in" on the A220, it's going to be flying the skies worldwide for decades to come.

I understand it's Virtualcol, so it is what it is, but considering that the cost is very low, and no other vendor has stepped up to the plate with plans to develop the A220, at least it offers some kind of option for the newest generation of Airbus in P3D v4, which is a good thing IMHO.

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Looks terrible even for $25.

Kind of like your 787 HUD..😁

Doesn't look to bad for a VirtualCol plane, with some texture artists providing HD repaints it might actually be worth buying until a more advanced addon of an A220 arrives (if ever...). At least the model looks pretty ok. Virtual Cockpit is again just very basic, but hard to tell from the screenies.

What I will never understand: why still some addon developers publish screenshots of such bad quality. I mean, come on, for a screenshot, you can easily use max settings in the sim, as FPS do not matter at all, no? Even if the devs use slower rigs, they could at least crank up antialiasing or resolution to the max for the screenshots... Very, very bad "marketing"...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Doesn't look to bad for a VirtualCol plane, with some texture artists providing HD repaints it might actually be worth buying until a more advanced addon of an A220 arrives (if ever...). At least the model looks pretty ok. Virtual Cockpit is again just very basic, but hard to tell from the screenies.

What I will never understand: why still some addon developers publish screenshots of such bad quality. I mean, come on, for a screenshot, you can easily use max settings in the sim, as FPS do not matter at all, no? Even if the devs use slower rigs, they could at least crank up antialiasing or resolution to the max for the screenshots... Very, very bad "marketing"...

I agree Ank, some of these devs really should provide better screenshots..

I have a feeling the VC and models on the Virtualcol A220 are going to look pretty good in the sim.

If you're after a P3D regional jet I'd suggest your money is better spent on the new E-jets package being jointly developed by feelThere and Aeroplane Heaven. And of course the evergreen Majestic Q400. And I nearly forgot the Aerosoft CRJ700 and feelThere ERJv2. Or if you're on a budget and don't mind the older visuals, the QualityWings 146.

For those that simply must have a CSeries/A220 and you're not that fussed about systems fidelity then this VirtualCol is an option and it is cheap. At the moment though the virtual cockpit looks rather flat and featureless.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

If you're after a P3D regional jet I'd suggest your money is better spent on the new E-jets package being jointly developed by feelThere and Aeroplane Heaven. And of course the evergreen Majestic Q400. And I nearly forgot the Aerosoft CRJ700 and feelThere ERJv2. Or if you're on a budget and don't mind the older visuals, the QualityWings 146.

For those that simply must have a CSeries/A220 and you're not that fussed about systems fidelity then this VirtualCol is an option and it is cheap. At the moment though the virtual cockpit looks rather flat and featureless.

Just thought I should point out that the A220 is not really a "regional jet" per se, it's more of a medium range jet, and it's reach considerably exceeds that of any of the regional jets you mentioned, especially when we're talking about the A220-300 series. It also carries way more passengers than even the largest of your regional jets, the ERJ 195, by a wide margin.

But I agree with what you're saying in general about the Virtualcol A220, and we'll just have to wait and see what the VC on it looks like when it's released, but i'm betting it will be more than adequate for what it is, and considering the price of admission, and IMO we also have to be realistic here, an A220 from a major or even mid tier dev is years away at minimum..

Edited by SunDevil56