Sign in to follow this  
sssooopppeee

P3Dv4.4 How to film wing view!?

Basically as I’m doing a flight I want the wing view to be filmed and that’s it so that after a flight I can pretend I’m a passenger now and post it on youtube. I believe there was fsrecorder for fsx but not p3d v4.

Do you guys have any tips? I know I can do a replay with chaseplane but that is laggy and can’t capture the whole flight. I want the recording to be live while I’m doing the flight. Thank you all.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We wish there was a way.

DCS world handles it well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi,

NVidia Shadow Play to record without any FPS lost.

Mike

Edited by Mikelab6

Posted (edited)

Ýou can open another window, use P3D's Picture-in-Picture function, customize the view and then undock it, which should make you be able to record it. Then you can still just fly normally in the main sim window.

If you also need a recording solution to work with the above; try OBS. Free, can use both x264 and Nvenc, depending on what hardware you have, plus you can choose "Window Capture", so you can pick which window specifically you want to record with the above mentioned method.

Caveat being having multiple windows open, thus running multiple instances of the sim, obviously has a performance impact in itself.

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Upvote 1