Sign in to follow this  
Ither

GTN 750 Errors with Airfoillabs King Air 350

@RXP are you aware of this? I can reproduce it on stock plane as well as my modded plane -- log file gets flooded with this as soon as you enable RXP unit (even as a 2D integration with no 3D component.)

It's happening on the Airfoillabs King Air 350

[XJet] 15:45:11,811 INFO [KA350/LuaComponents] Loading avionics from config/avionics-before-start.json
[XJet] 15:45:12,179 INFO [KA350/LuaComponents] Loading screen from ui-settings.json
[XJet] 15:45:19,362 SEVERE [KA350/LuaAvionicComponent] Error executing update function on component: fms
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.lua.module.LuaNavigation.refToLua(LuaNavigation.java:73)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.lua.module.LuaNavigation.access$000(LuaNavigation.java:21)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.lua.module.LuaNavigation$2.call(LuaNavigation.java:47)
    at lua.av_gauges_fms$update.call(av/gauges/fms.lua:146)
    at org.luaj.vm2.lib.ZeroArgFunction.call(Unknown Source)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.lua.comp.avionics.LuaAvionicComponent.update(LuaAvionicComponent.java:60)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.subsys.AbstractAvionics.updateComponents(AbstractAvionics.java:81)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.subsys.AbstractAvionics.updateComponents(AbstractAvionics.java:82)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.subsys.AbstractAvionics.updateComponents(AbstractAvionics.java:82)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.subsys.AbstractAvionics.update(AbstractAvionics.java:72)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.processing.FlightLoopSupport.doUpdate(FlightLoopSupport.java:72)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.processing.FlightLoopSupport.access$000(FlightLoopSupport.java:22)
    at com.airfoillabs.xjet.processing.FlightLoopSupport$1.callback(FlightLoopSupport.java:58)
    at com.airfoillabs.jxplm.processing.XPlaneFlightLoopCallbackHelper.callback(XPlaneFlightLoopCallbackHelper.java:41)

It then repeats this over and over until memory overload and game crashes.

[XJet] 15:44:33,772 SEVERE [KA350/LuaAvionicComponent] Error executing update function on component: fms
java.lang.NullPointerException

Let me know if you can think of anything; maybe another bug with Airfoillabs?

Edited by Ither

CEO | Walker Air Transport | walkerair.us

1 minute ago, Ither said:

KA350/LuaAvionicComponent

This is definitely something happening with a KA350 component only. Most likely their plugin is trying to 'update' or 'control' the navigation route in the default FMS/GPS system and it fails.

If this is the case, there is a problem in the error handling code of the component trying ad-nauseam to do something it fails to, and the best way for this to not occur is to review the component code and change it accordingly. This could be as simple as reviewing the error handling code to fail gracefully, instead of forcefully.

It could also be as simple as third party developers checking the published GTN and GNS V2 datarefs which tells whether there is an active RXP GPS and which one, but I think it is better they just find why their component is eating memory and failing if X-Plane SDK functions they are using to change the default FMS/GPS route is failing on them. Maybe this is just a 11.33beta issue as well?

2 minutes ago, Ither said:

I can reproduce it on stock plane

Unless the KA350 installs a global plugin, not just an aircraft plugin which is active only when the aircraft is loaded, how could the default Baron 58 or Cessna 172 be producing these errors where it shows the component being the source of these messages is a KA350 component!?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

This is definitely something happening with a KA350 component only. Most likely their plugin is trying to 'update' or 'control' the navigation route in the default FMS/GPS system and it fails.

If this is the case, there is a problem in the error handling code of the component trying ad-nauseam to do something it fails to, and the best way for this to not occur is to review the component code and change it accordingly. This could be as simple as reviewing the error handling code to fail gracefully, instead of forcefully.

It could also be as simple as third party developers checking the published GTN and GNS V2 datarefs which tells whether there is an active RXP GPS and which one, but I think it is better they just find why their component is eating memory and failing if X-Plane SDK functions they are using to change the default FMS/GPS route is failing on them. Maybe this is just a 11.33beta issue as well?

Unless the KA350 installs a global plugin, not just an aircraft plugin which is active only when the aircraft is loaded, how could the default Baron 58 or Cessna 172 be producing these errors where it shows the component being the source of these messages is a KA350 component!?

I just updated my post -- I meant to say this is happening on stock new Airfoillabs KA 350 and then my GTN 750 retrofit modified plane. Simple point was definitely plane issue with AFL and wondered what it would be doing to cause that memory spam. I see other's now reporting that they get those flooded messages with clicking things like sel on the yoke.

I've been looking at more information about this 'backend' in case I can point you in a direction to search for but the only thing I've found is a 2017 discussion about "Air Manager" and a developer experiencing memory leaks and crashes too with this stack of languages (LUA+JAVA).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@Ither would you recommend not downloading and installing your file (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/) until this issue has been resolved?

3 hours ago, LeonardvanderWalt said:

@Ither would you recommend not downloading and installing your file (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/) until this issue has been resolved?

I leave that up to user — it’s happening on the King Air 350 with RTN period. The modification I did  isn’t causing the errors to happen. The one thing I know is that I haven’t seen memory leak crash my game yet but that may be due to having 32GB of free memory. 

• Like 2

I don't care about that lol...when is the dual GTN mod arriving?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,

just to make it maybe easier to follow through, there is another discussion about the AirFoilLabs plugin errors:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/&tab=comments#comment-270150

Just to let you know so far I haven't had any memory leaks or CTD with the Airfoillaps / GTN 750 nor any other plane. My flights vary from 30 minutes to just over 1 hour.

So obviously the crashes are not happening to all.

• Like 1

i7-4790K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, Win10