Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Rift S Release Date?

In the hours before F8, things are still up in the air, but there is apparently an announcement scheduled.

In the meanwhile, there are indications that the Rift S might be a preorder item: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/oculus-rift-s-pc-powered-vr-gaming-headset/8vbm8nh7hwwk (sorry, Link yanked by Microsoft, wonder who's being dressed down because of the early release?)

152ZE3.jpg

I´m going to pre order the S. The whole pack of the index is over 1000 pounds, a bit too much for me.

Cheers

Carlos

Just pre-ordered, not sure I want to throw 1000 at the index even though I’d like to try 120Hz and the controllers. I want to move away from installing tracking sensors and after watching tested,it sounds great but as Norm said, it feels like a 1.5. 

5 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Just pre-ordered, not sure I want to throw 1000 at the index even though I’d like to try 120Hz and the controllers. I want to move away from installing tracking sensors and after watching tested,it sounds great but as Norm said, it feels like a 1.5. 

Yep But I don´t feel the valve index as a 2.0, is more like a 1.7 and somehow I prefer a 1.5 for 450 euros thans a 1.7 for 1000.

4 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Yep But I don´t feel the valve index as a 2.0, is more like a 1.7 and somehow I prefer a 1.5 for 450 euros thans a 1.7 for 1000.

You misunderstood what I mean. Or maybe I didn’t explain it very well. I was referring to the index as a 1.5 which, like you,  I can’t justify £1000 for and I don’t want external trackers.

i agree that the rift s is also a 1.5 but I can justify £399 for that as there are some good improvements over the rift.

Oh, I misunderstood you. Now I see what you meant.

Btw, got some problems with my address cause it keeps showing as an invalid address (Oculus have had this problem for years) but a nice guy from oculus solved the problem, but now I see it´s already up in amazon and I`m thinking about ordering from there and cancel the one in the oculus web....ah the problems of the first world...

I checked Amazon before going with oculus just before I posted! What to do, what to do....

I think I'll stay with oculus as there is no reason that I can think of to change now.

• Like 1