reachva

Panel merge with Carenado PA31 Navajo

G’day all,

ive had this aircraft for a while, and with the mod available for it it’s great. I do however find myself wishing I could fly it with a more traditional analogue gauge cockpit as I don’t know many real chieftains having glass beyond maybe a Garmin 430 or so. 

Is it possible to merge the Carenado Navajo VC with the chieftain? I don’t know what panel differences are between the two but surely it wouldn’t be anything dramatic? I don’t currently own the Navajo so I’d like to know if it’s possible before getting it. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately, it would be very dramatic.  It's all contained within the model these days.  That means gauge animations, variables, texture calls, etc.  exist within the model itself.  The G600 is actually much easier for the developer because nothing, outside a spot for the gauge itself, has to be done in the model.  It can all be done in .dll, .gau, or .xml files that don't require long recompile times while troubleshooting. 

To my knowledge, what you ask can't be done without the source code for the interior model.  And I seriously doubt Carenado/Alabeo will give that up. 

I agree on Alabeo's poor choice of a very updated panel combined with a commuter seat arrangement for the cabin.  Their panel would have been more appropriate for a modern, privately owned or executive use Chieftain, but it is what it is. 

I think if the Navajo vc were to be merged onto the Chieftain there would be major visual issues and, as Whamil77 mentioned, it's built into the 3D model, so it's not likely a possibility.  I wish Alabeo had used an analog cockpit for the Chieftain and then used the glass upgraded cockpit with an executive style cabin, but they did not and I do not expect them to ever make such changes.