WilliamS

Autopilot/throttle disconnect alarm

Hi,

When I disconnect the autopilot or auto throttle, an alarm sounds as it should. However, it doesn’t stop until I physically click the alarm button. How do I stop it otherwise?

Second click a second later on the same button you clicked the first time should work.

10 hours ago, Spin737 said:

Second click a second later on the same button you clicked the first time should work.

Thanks, will try that 😉

Hi, when I click the same button again, the alarm stops, but only because the autopilot has re-engaged!

1 hour ago, MaDDogz said:

Screen shot what your clicking...

A screen shot may not be necessary. I am clicking the Z key on my keyboard.

55 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

A screen shot may not be necessary. I am clicking the Z key on my keyboard.

That is the default AP ON/OFF toggle, which would make sense.

Please reference the intro manual, as it describes the common mistakes people make and how to avoid them.

To give you a bit of a leg up before you charge into your reading: there is a button on the yoke in the VC for the AP disconnect (it's labeled as such). You can click on it, wait a couple seconds, and then click on it again. Alternatively, you can assign a key command (CDU MENU key > PMDG SETUP > KEY COMMANDS) to the AP DISCONNECT action, and then assign that key command to your hardware using a tool like FSUIPC, or better yet, the tool that came with your hardware (Saitek, for example, has its own program to do this).

There’s also a red flashing warning light about the PFD that you can click to stop the alarm.

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

That is the default AP ON/OFF toggle, which would make sense.

Please reference the intro manual, as it describes the common mistakes people make and how to avoid them.

To give you a bit of a leg up before you charge into your reading: there is a button on the yoke in the VC for the AP disconnect (it's labeled as such). You can click on it, wait a couple seconds, and then click on it again. Alternatively, you can assign a key command (CDU MENU key > PMDG SETUP > KEY COMMANDS) to the AP DISCONNECT action, and then assign that key command to your hardware using a tool like FSUIPC, or better yet, the tool that came with your hardware (Saitek, for example, has its own program to do this).

I think that's the solution; thanks Kyle.