kevinc5

Orbx and terrain mesh

I'm using P3Dv4.4 with several Orbx products, including multiple regions, Global base and vector. Do they include a terrain mesh component? If not, would the old FS Genesis products be compatible with Orbx?

Thanks

...I tried to get this on the orbx forum but a very cumbersome process for setting up an account got the best of me

Posted (edited)

The Orbx regions (including True Earth) include custom terrain mesh, Global Base and Vector do not include mesh.

I use Toposim terrain mesh with all the Orbx products and it is compatible so I imagine FS Genesis should be as well. Any mesh add-ons are overridden in the areas that are covered by the installed Orbx regions as they are installed by default with higher scenery priority.

Edited by Fer de Lance
removed a few redundant words
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kevinc5 said:

I'm using P3Dv4.4 with several Orbx products, including multiple regions, Global base and vector. Do they include a terrain mesh component? If not, would the old FS Genesis products be compatible with Orbx?

Thanks

...I tried to get this on the orbx forum but a very cumbersome process for setting up an account got the best of me

Global, Vector and OpenLC NA, SA and EU have no mesh. All regions and airports except Australia and PNG  come with a mesh. They offer a free mesh for SA and PNG to download separately

Any third party mesh should work but they might be local incompatibilities for runways if the 3rd party mesh is better , 

Try FreeMeshX if you don't already own FS Genesis for the areas you want terrain elevation mesh for.

Vector includes an automatic tool for adjusting airport elevations to match the surrounding terrain height.