Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Control Assignments

Hello All,

i'am using a Joystick for Airbus Flights and a Yoke for Boeing flights. Everytime i switch between both i have to reassign the Tilt Up/Down Pan Left/Right to the Hat Switch of the applicable device.

Is there any chance two have those assignments linked to a preset profile? As i read in the manual it is not possible to assign buttons to two devices at the same time.

Greetings Michael

fslabs_banner.png

I asked exactly the same question, exactly one month ago today (see link below). Unfortunately, I didn't get an answer (yet). I am fairly sure the answer is 'no' for the time being, but I do wonder how much work it would be to implement. The biggest problem might be fitting it into the neat and tidy interface!

I sometimes use a joystick instead of my yoke, so ideally I'd like to assign the zoom in/out buttons to three controllers; yoke, joystick, PS3 controller.

Luckily, I can use pan/tilt on two devices, because the hat-switch registers as buttons on the yoke, but the PS3 controller's joysticks are axes. Otherwise I would have the same issue as you on top of my zoom command problem.

Edited by Mustang-242

I ran into this situation today.  I have both a Generic USB Joystick and Saitek Pro Yoke.  If I try to assign a button on my Saitek to ChasePlane it wants to delete the Generic USB Joystick assignment that uses the same button number.

Any chance we'll see an option to allow for multiple devices similar to FSX/P3D/X-Plane, etc?

Thanks,
Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I have come up with a solution for this problem.

It is necessary to have FSUIPC installed for this to work, though (I'm not sure if the free version will do, you may want to check on this on Pete Dowson's forum).

What i did was this:

In ChasePlane, do NOT assign the hat switch to anything.

Then check in the P3D controls what keyboard keys you need the least (plenty of them around). I'm using the R, D, F and C keys.

In ChasePlane, assign these keys to the Tilt up/down and Pan right/left functions.

Now open the FSUIPC dialog and select the "Buttons and Switches" tab.

Move the hat switch on your yoke up, then tick the "Select for keypress" checkbox in the FSUIPC dialog. Click on SET and then hit the keyboard key you have assigned to the TiltUp function in ChasePlane. Make sure you also check the "Key press to repeat while held" checkbox!

Repeat this for down, right and left movement of the hat switch, and select the respective key to be emulated.

You can repeat this process for as many joysticks and yokes as you like, and you have the hat switch move your virtual head in the cockpit without having to reassign anything.

Works like a charm for me.

Not a bad idea !

It works except when moving the hat in intermediate positions (45°/135°/225°/315°)

At least in my case with a Thrustmaster T16000

Edited by elheroes