Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

Oculus Rift + TFFJ + TBM 900 = Surreal Experience

I've held off joining the VR crowd for far too long! Today I had one the most immersive landings I've ever experienced on a PC, the situational awareness that the whole VR setup provides is really impressive.

The TBM 900's cockpit in VR is astonishingly well done, one of the best GA aircraft out there for VR.

Some screenshots of the landing:

h5t1c2y.jpg

LMDL14a.jpg

MtgImNO.jpg

XTCzh9W.jpg

BOp5NEW.jpg

dlsMS6y.jpg

GziJVLi.jpg

1uNIQIs.jpg

c5PRvXb.jpg

qAHQqG8.jpg

VjXPs7k.jpg

UTPWF16.jpg

YoVAWcK.jpg

VPlXh0k.jpg

VmVyop5.jpg

UjxiHmS.jpg

uDjXfMa.jpg

PBZhyLq.jpg

GDc6Adb.jpg

g5elUgP.jpg

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

those screenshots look pretty nice, can't imagine what it must be like in full 3d. cool!

cheers,-andy crosby

Great shots!  I have a rift sitting on my desk I haven't used for a while, seems like time to fire it up!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks, it took me quite a while to get decent performance when using the VR headset in X-Plane.

A great find was the Oculus Tray Tool, it allows specific VR related functions and options to be customized for whatever game is being used with the Oculus Rift.

Cheers,

Jerome

Is this XP11 or P3D? My guess is it's XP11 given the brightness and color of these screentshots.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Hi Yang,

Your guess is correct, the screenshots show XP11. I use xVision and there are many presets available that can change the colour and brightness, I think the one I was using there is called Vivid.

Cheers,

Jerome

**Superb** I Concur...VR is a Game Changer for the PC Flight Sim Genre. 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks and yes, totally agree, the technology will improve and make gauges more clear and readable. I expect that prices too will come down for the very high-end VR headsets that already deliver incredible clarity today.

Cheers,

Jerome