Sign in to follow this  
Vaillant

Aborted Engine Start Question

Hello, I'm playing with the failures in the NGX.

I setup an eng. 2 EGT exceedance or Oil Temp. Though the issue appears after engine start even though the failure is active before I start the engine.

I announce the failure, then say "Aborted Engine Start Memory Items" to which the copilot reply a confirmation.

I then say "Engine Start Lever Cutoff" and move the start lever to cutoff.

The copilot says "Memory Item Complete"

I reply by "Aborted Engine Start Checklist" my phrase is recognized but nothing else happen, the copilot is not completing the checklist or prompting anything.

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Yes, the voice is AU. The start switches are in Continuous. As the copilot is done starting the engine (the flap__ progression is in the box)

I tried the failure three times with EGT exceedance, oil temp, oil pressure (all of them with engine 1, so the last engine to start). Like I said the failure is active even before I start the engine but I think the symptoms are visible after the start, or I may be doing something wrong.  

Thank you, that did the trick.

However the issue is EGT exceedance, oil pressure and oil temp failures take a little bit of time to become visible if the failures are random (non programmed).

The starter are in cont. as the startup flow is over so I have to manually ship the start switches to off for the FO to do the Aborted Engine Start Checklist. Also, if the failure is on engine 2 because the startup process is over when the FO do the Aborted Engine Start Checklist he switches the start switch of eng.1 (the last engine started) despite the start lever of engine 2 being cutoff.

Either I'm not seeing the failure early enough during the startup procedure (and I don't know how to identify properly and quickly the failure) or maybe the code could be updated. I'm thinking switching the start switches to off when the captain says Aborted engine start memory items and to be able to state which engine to complete the Aborted Engine Start Checklist when the CA announce the reason.

We're expecting the failures to be programmed.

Things like EGT, oil pressure, temp... the SDK simply doesn't provide access to that data I'm afraid.

We have to work with what's available to us.

Hope that helps,

Cheer,

I get it Bryan. Thank you so much for helping me get through the checklist.

I really enjoy and appreciate your work, I have been a customer since my purchase of the C182 product!