Sign in to follow this  
antonyroma

ThaiCreations Mumbai and P3dv4

Hello, I am interested in ThaiCreations sceneries, in particular Mumbai VABB and Kathmandu Namaste. I am going to take advantage of Simmarket discount.

Are these sceneries compatible with P3Dv4? Or fixable?

Thank you

Are they compatible with P3Dv4? Officially no. They are not exported with the P3Dv4 SDK, and are, by all means, very old FSX-era sceneries. That said, for me Kathmandu appears to work without issue. Mumbai is more mixed. Some people report all sorts of elevation issues - for me it has worked just fine. That said, I can't get GSX Level2 SODE jetways to work - they sink into the ground. So I resigned to using the static jetways that are supplied with the scenery.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 5/30/2019 at 12:41 AM, Benjamin J said:

Are they compatible with P3Dv4? Officially no. They are not exported with the P3Dv4 SDK, and are, by all means, very old FSX-era sceneries. That said, for me Kathmandu appears to work without issue. Mumbai is more mixed. Some people report all sorts of elevation issues - for me it has worked just fine. That said, I can't get GSX Level2 SODE jetways to work - they sink into the ground. So I resigned to using the static jetways that are supplied with the scenery.

Hi Benjamin, thank you. I bought Mumbai. Everything is ok, elevation issue is solved, but there are no buildings. around airport. I tried to convert vabb_gmax_building.bgl by ModelConverterX, without success. What should I do about it?

2019-8-15-8-46-9-282.jpg

This scenery was made in the old photo real method which did not account for Autogen in the surrounds. Not much one can do about it.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

24 minutes ago, ShezA said:

This scenery was made in the old photo real method which did not account for Autogen in the surrounds. Not much one can do about it.

City buildings of this scenery are not autogenerated. The custom buildings file is vabb_gmax_building.bgl. I noticed that in almost every video on youtube these buildings are shown correctly.

Immagine.jpg

This is what I see. The Autogen is not well structured.

https://ibb.co/Y21y2NH

Edited by ShezA

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

4 hours ago, ShezA said:

This is what I see. The Autogen is not well structured.

https://ibb.co/Y21y2NH

That's a pity. This scenery is still good for today standards: it would deserve an update. I hope iniBuild.com thinks about that

Edited by antonyroma

9 hours ago, antonyroma said:

That's a pity. This scenery is still good for today standards: it would deserve an update. I hope iniBuild.com thinks about that

inibuilds places dynamic lights and jetways they are not going to fix scenery unfortunately