antonyroma

ThaiCreations Mumbai and P3dv4

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am interested in ThaiCreations sceneries, in particular Mumbai VABB and Kathmandu Namaste. I am going to take advantage of Simmarket discount.

Are these sceneries compatible with P3Dv4? Or fixable?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are they compatible with P3Dv4? Officially no. They are not exported with the P3Dv4 SDK, and are, by all means, very old FSX-era sceneries. That said, for me Kathmandu appears to work without issue. Mumbai is more mixed. Some people report all sorts of elevation issues - for me it has worked just fine. That said, I can't get GSX Level2 SODE jetways to work - they sink into the ground. So I resigned to using the static jetways that are supplied with the scenery.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 12:41 AM, Benjamin J said:

Are they compatible with P3Dv4? Officially no. They are not exported with the P3Dv4 SDK, and are, by all means, very old FSX-era sceneries. That said, for me Kathmandu appears to work without issue. Mumbai is more mixed. Some people report all sorts of elevation issues - for me it has worked just fine. That said, I can't get GSX Level2 SODE jetways to work - they sink into the ground. So I resigned to using the static jetways that are supplied with the scenery.

Hi Benjamin, thank you. I bought Mumbai. Everything is ok, elevation issue is solved, but there are no buildings. around airport. I tried to convert vabb_gmax_building.bgl by ModelConverterX, without success. What should I do about it?

2019-8-15-8-46-9-282.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

This scenery was made in the old photo real method which did not account for Autogen in the surrounds. Not much one can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ShezA said:

This scenery was made in the old photo real method which did not account for Autogen in the surrounds. Not much one can do about it.

City buildings of this scenery are not autogenerated. The custom buildings file is vabb_gmax_building.bgl. I noticed that in almost every video on youtube these buildings are shown correctly.

Immagine.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ShezA said:

This is what I see. The Autogen is not well structured.

https://ibb.co/Y21y2NH

That's a pity. This scenery is still good for today standards: it would deserve an update. I hope iniBuild.com thinks about that

Edited by antonyroma

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, antonyroma said:

That's a pity. This scenery is still good for today standards: it would deserve an update. I hope iniBuild.com thinks about that

inibuilds places dynamic lights and jetways they are not going to fix scenery unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now