Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

**Hurricane Katrina- 2nd Lowest Pressure Ever?**

Guest aca_dia

I think David

Well, then you and David can simply not read the thread. If you don't like it, don't read it. simple as that.You chose to read it. Remember that.My Info is both factual and also contains my opinions of what may happen.If you have different opinions of what may happen, offer them.I wonder why you haven't heard the following statement I posted below on TV yet then? It's almost an hour old.What sources would that be that you can get this info from? And I am posting real sources, with links. What have you contributed, other than you don't appreciate my opinions or facts?

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>The point: Nothing is gained my running around yelling "the>sky is falling"... even if it is. BTW - You are posting in a>public flight sim forum not...blah...blah...blah...>>You seem to have missed this then:This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation topics and any other topics not covered in other forums. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here. Have a nice day. :-)

Guest aca_dia

BTW- I thought your first post was useful.

Thanks aca_dia, my point exactly.Enough said, good luck and best wishes to all in the path of this storm.Sonar5, just grow up and behave in a mature fashion. I know a bit more about these storms than you may think - try getting battered at sea in a ship through such storms and then you'll understand.David

David Porrett

Guest aca_dia

DavidBeen there done that as well! I have had more than my share of crappy luck at sea and I am happy to be a pilot now so I can stay above or away from the weather. I save the ocean for fair weather sailing these days.Cheers,Douglas

david,I really don't care what you think you know. You think you are the only one to have been through a Hurricane or a Typhoon?I'm happy you made it through.As for growing up, pass by my posts if you don't approve of them. I really don't care if you like what I post or not.Like it or not, this storm is going to hit, and hit hard.

Sonar,Keep in mind, many patients can't simply be evacuated. They stand a much better chance of survival being relocated to the safest part of the hospital. Most hospitals have their own generators in case outside power is lost. I'm sure that any ambulatory patients are being evacuated anyway.Prisons are usually very well constructed. In these cases it's safer for everyone to move inmates to higher ground, and depend on their own generators for power. Where would these inmates be taken, anyway - a shelter with other evacuees? You need to look at all the facts and ramifications before you go around charging people with "criminal behavior".

BobK

Guest B1900 Mech

Wow, waves are up to 28 feet! It's just amazing that what has been predicted for decades is finaly coming to pass,Disregard the people that are in denial,keep the info coming!

Hi Douglas,Good to see another seafaring type here! I finally made it as a "pilot", only of the marine variety!! Although I do still hold a CPL.Good to hear from you.David

David Porrett

Jim,I've got another Bouy located 64 nm South of Dauphin Island, AL, recording Wave Height (WVHT) of: 30.8 ft. at 3:50pm Pacific, about 30 minutes ago..That has been the highest thus far and is Station 42040.

Jim,No one is in denial - the gravity of the situation has not been underestimated by anyone I would think.The only comments were in respect of the "sky is falling" way of looking at it.David

David Porrett

OK, whatever you say.....:)

David Porrett