Sign in to follow this  
Phil Chimbolo

ATC Voices Not Randomized when being passed between CTR freqs

Posted (edited)

I have several Ivona voices that work GREAT in Pilot2ATC.   And the random voices settings work with clearance and seemingly any comm... until I get handed off to a "Center".   I turned on the option to "Display Random Voice Assignments" in the command display.   With that option turned on, it appears that the random selection displays a new/different voice, but the voice that speaks does not change to the voice that is displayed.

Again, this seems to work fine until I reach a CTR freq and get passed between them.

Thanks!

Version: 2.6.0.0_x64_R3

Edited by Phil Chimbolo

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Phil,

I did a short flight with three Center changes and the voices displayed and used were correct.

Depending on how many different voices you have, you could get a repeat from the random selection, but it sounds like the voices being used are not matching the voices being assigned in your case, or at least they don't sound different.

Defining some additional random voices by speeding up or slowing down the speech rate might give you more voices to be used and make them sound more different.  Could also be one of the "fluke" bugs.  If it persists, please email me the log file from a flight where this happens.

P2A Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  
Thanks,

Dave

Posted (edited)

Thanks for looking into it Dave!   I will keep you posted,  All-in-all, it's a minor annoyance.  I absolutely love this ATC add-on!!

For awareness... I have nine (9) Ivona voices.

Edited by Phil Chimbolo

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5