Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS Labs Released!

I mean, the numbers will always sound a bit robotic, but the other items that are recorded as one sentence or one succession of words can be spoken as naturally as possible, e.g. "Before Start Checklist" does not have to be overly articulated or spoken very slowly.

Edited by nthabti79

You outdid yourself with this one, Bryan. I'm loving it so far.

I just have to get used to contacting the ground crew and hearing myself talk back... :tongue:

- Sean Lewis

Completed my first flight, well done!  I used the FS2Crew for the Aerosoft Airbus and waaaaay back in the day the Wilco Airbus so although there are a few flow changes with this one I felt pretty much at home pretty quick.   I've always found it very satisfying to speak the checklist item "takeoff, no blue"...all is good and after a bunch of setup , boarding pax etc it's finally time to go flying! 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

37 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Completed my first flight, well done!  I used the FS2Crew for the Aerosoft Airbus and waaaaay back in the day the Wilco Airbus so although there are a few flow changes with this one I felt pretty much at home pretty quick.   I've always found it very satisfying to speak the checklist item "takeoff, no blue"...all is good and after a bunch of setup , boarding pax etc it's finally time to go flying! 🙂

Glad you're enjoying it 🙂

Hi Bryan. As always thank for an amazing product.

I have a few suggestions for your consideration.

- "silent" after landing checklist as selectable option

- turning wing lights on before exterior inspection at night

- selecting CSTR on EFIS during glareshield setup (cockpit prep)

- setting ND range to 160nm on PM side (Airbus recommendation for wrx use. 80 PF and 160 PM) during 10K proc and setting back to 10 or 20 during 10k proc on descent

- not to touch flood lights and EWD and SD DU's brightness - as an option

- adding an option to the t/o brief whether to use wxr or not. dont know why this one is missing and we are having radar on before every single takeoff.

- adding a negative answer to an offer to 'confirm seat belts off' at 10K. as I understand now we can only reply Affirm/Confirm

- asking ground crew to connect a/c unit

also I noted some strange behavior when flying as CM2. PM does all mcdu related things on right mcdu (not his side). for example displaying f.pln page during 'before start' or rad nav, prog and sec f.plan pages at 10K

sometimes PM checks opt/rec/max altitudes 2 times in a row

"Cruising FL XXX" is missing in EU version (didn't check the rest)

and when asking to turn off the wipers the right one remains working (no issues with turning on)

16 minutes ago, keight said:

Hi Bryan. As always thank for an amazing product.

I have a few suggestions for your consideration.

- "silent" after landing checklist as selectable option

- turning wing lights on before exterior inspection at night

- selecting CSTR on EFIS during glareshield setup (cockpit prep)

- setting ND range to 160nm on PM side (Airbus recommendation for wrx use. 80 PF and 160 PM) during 10K proc and setting back to 10 or 20 during 10k proc on descent

- not to touch flood lights and EWD and SD DU's brightness - as an option

- adding an option to the t/o brief whether to use wxr or not. dont know why this one is missing and we are having radar on before every single takeoff.

- adding a negative answer to an offer to 'confirm seat belts off' at 10K. as I understand now we can only reply Affirm/Confirm

- asking ground crew to connect a/c unit

also I noted some strange behavior when flying as CM2. PM does all mcdu related things on right mcdu (not his side). for example displaying f.pln page during 'before start' or rad nav, prog and sec f.plan pages at 10K

sometimes PM checks opt/rec/max altitudes 2 times in a row

"Cruising FL XXX" is missing in EU version (didn't check the rest)

and when asking to turn off the wipers the right one remains working (no issues with turning on)

Good report, much of that I can easily add, but switching stuff over to MCDU 1 if CM2 is active might be a tricky.

A/C unit:  Not possible I tried.  We can't "read" if it's connected very well.  GPU I can read, but not the AC unit.

-For the silent After Landing checklist, you're basing that on LH procedures, right?  Because I think LH does it that way.

-For Wx radar, I'd have to double check.

-'Negative' is already there as an option for the seatbelts.

Great stuff!

Cheers,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, byork said:

-For the silent After Landing checklist, you're basing that on LH procedures, right?  Because I think LH does it that way.

as I know many airlines do that way

16 minutes ago, byork said:

-For Wx radar, I'd have to double check

its from generic FCTM

9xEkuzK.png

Pilot Flying would have the Radar on, so in that case, you'd turn it on yourself on your side.

But there's also a PM config option for Terrain.

But..... you can't have Terrain and Radar at the same time on the ND.

11 minutes ago, byork said:

Pilot Flying would have the Radar on

yes if it required and was mentioned on t/o brief

13 minutes ago, byork said:

you'd turn it on yourself on your side.

you cannot turn it on separately on sides

turning wrx on will display weather image on both ND's. unlike boeing one cannot turn wrx on/off separately on left/right side

10 minutes ago, byork said:

I didn't think you could have wx radar and terrain on the same display at the same time...

correct. If terrain needed both pilots have terrain on, if wxr needed both have wxr on. if wxr and terrain needed - wrx on PF side, terrain on PM side (wxr on, terrain on PM side on, terrain on PF side off)

Im just telling that there is no option not to turn wrx on and even if it is not required weather is fine skies are clear, PM sets it on anyway.

9 minutes ago, byork said:

And how do you want the silent After Landing Checklist option?

PF Calls for it, and PM run it silently?

yes, and then just reports after landing checklist complete. as far as I know it was simulated in aerosoft version

Edited by keight