Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Western Airline Having Fun With Beautiful Sunset Arrival

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a beautiful sunset flight from PAJN Juneau International Airport located seven nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Juneau in Alaska to PAFA Fairbanks International Airport  located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks

Taxiing to short of runway 26

we1.jpg

Holding short of runway 26 awaiting for take off clearance from the airport tower

we2.jpg

Engines roaring with heavy thick smoke as the plane after receiving take off clearance starts to enter into runway for take off

we3.jpg

Engine thrust being revved up with thick smokes to start runway take off

we4.jpg

Roaring down the runway during take off run

we5.jpg

Airborne on climb to FL330 via waypoints SSR OMSUN GLOWS PERZO CACHE

we6.jpg

Still doing power climbing

we7.jpg

Beautiful wing view

we8.jpg

Approaching Chichagof island on way to SSR waypoint

we9.jpg

Intercepting SSR waypoint and making right turn toward north to the destination

we10.jpg

Wing view of Excursion Inlet which is renowned for largest fish canneries in the world

we11.jpg

Climbing climbing climbing

we12.jpg

Now cruising at FL330 although it is weird to see sun and half moon in same screenshot

we13.jpg

Cruising along Glacier Bay National Park and Reserve

we14.jpg

Wing view of waters of Southeast Alaska Dive Fishery Research Areas

we15.jpg

Cruising

we16.jpg

Sun starting to set

we17.jpg

Wing view of sun starting to set

we18.jpg

Passing Kluane National Park and Reserve

we19.jpg

Dig beautiful sunset above landscape of Wrangell St. Elias National Park and Reserve

we20.jpg

Because of regulations not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the llink: http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9522/western-airline-having-beautiful-arrival

Thank you for viewing!!  Please stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 4

signCopy.jpg

Love the shots of the WESTERN livery in this classic 720B variant. HJG textures always look eye-catching with great details...!

Also, noted the "extra" smoke...those were the days...!

P7878,

Thanks for your kind words and you are right about 720B model and HJG repaint!!!   Excellent identification that you have!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Aharon:...Credit really goes to you...🙂....You have such excellent full-fuselage images with "720B" written so prominently near the tail...!

Of course, it's worth noting that the JT3D (Turbofan) engines on the 720B were significantly more efficient than the JT3C (Turbojet) engines on the original 720....(the only outliers to not follow the 7x7 naming convention...nonetheless, very interesting variants of 707...thanks for posting...!)

Great shots, I miss the Western commercials "Three feet for your two legs, the oooooonly way to fly"

Being from DEN and working in the business in the 60's, 70's and beyond I have  a few hours in the back end of many WAL ac!

Awesome face, Brucets and thank you for viewing my screenshots.  Please enjoy my past and future screenshots.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I was on one of those WAL 720's one night enroute to HNL, ex SFO, and we lost an engine on take off. Diverted to LAX for a different ac. 

Memory's galore here, Aharon! Great pic's!

Bruce

I'm coughing just looking at all the smoke! 🤧

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Brucets and Clutch Cargo,

Thanks for your kind words and my apologies for my late reply

@Clutch Cargo,  you own Simwest software company??

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

yep... that be me 😊

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

21 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

yep... that be me 😊

@Clutch Cargo,

Impressive!!!  Nice to meet you!!!  I think I have from your scenery company freeware KABQ Albuquerque airport scenery that I have not yet installed in my pc probably because I am too afraid.  LOL

Will have to install it sometime and maybe make nice screenshots!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Nothing to be afraid of 😲.  Give 'er a go and enjoy!  Would luv to see some screenies (guess I'm a little bias, ha!)