Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Android and/or iOS FSX aps.

I have...

9" iPad.

7" Android (Lenovo).

10" Amazon Fire tablet.

What are some of the better aps to run alongside which links up to FSX?

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If you have the subscription you could use the navigraph charts app. Also, I think if you have FSUIPC4 there is an app where you can use your device as a radio panel, It is called Remote Flight Comm. This one is free but the rest of the developer's products are payware. Aviationpro did a video on this too. 

Android here, I use Garmin Pilot (or Avare which is free) on the tablet. You can push the simulator position feed onto the app. I also pipe the tablet into VR which allows me to interface with it inside the sim. 

FS Radio Panel for Android is good. It has multiple pages; 1 for the typical Bendix King comm stack, 1 for a GPS, 1 for autopilot, etc. all of which update real-time and let you set values via your touch screen. It works with FSUIPC and has a simple host applet you run on your PC to host the connection between FSX and the Android app. When you push the connect button to link to the PC host applet, it makes a tone like the fasten seat belt notification on a commercial jet when it connects - nice touch.   🙂

A word of caution though; there seems to be next to no error code checking on the PC hosting applet. So if you do anything on your Android other than run FS Radio Panel well connected, the hosting app hangs and FSX typically crashes. It's fine though if you're comfortable with dedicating your Android tablet solely to being an FS Panel device once you're connected.

Edited by Kronovan

Thanks this is useful because the 'search' features on Google Play and iTunes are not the best search engines in the world. 😞

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

the video mentioned FSTramp. Well I have genuine FSTramp for FSX, not FSnav (FS9)  and don't have to pay subscription. The first release FST was pay once forever with free updates (that's right from the EULA). But only could update to a certain version. But is has always been bug free in windows mode. Later releases were subscription and the old first released versions no longer sold. So it's all legit.

Edited by Fielder

Remote Flight have a number of cockpit panel instrument apps for iPad. I have their Radio HD app which as well as radios and transponder also has an autopilot which sometimes can be quite convenient to have on the iPad, particularly if you don't have a multi monitor setup.

Bill

I found this Youtube vid. This Ap costs $30... looks real good to me.

iOS remote virtual cockpit.

I'm not sure which Ap I'm going to buy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqkmjB_Ggo

Here's FMS that is iOS or Android and has full instructions and tutorial online:

http://www.ifms-fs.com/index.html

(I  own none of these apps by the way, still looking them over, deciding...)

A bit more info on the FS Radio Panel Pro app for Android. The different touch selectable and real-time displays included are:

Display 1) Radio stack with Bendix/King comm unit, 2 x Bendix/King Nav units, Bendix/King ADF unit, Bendix/King Transponder unit.

Display 2) Horizontal Situation Indicator with simple Auto Pilot unit below.

Display 3) Digital Artificial Horizon with pitch and altitude ladders, Digital compass below.

Display 4) Master Flight Guidance Panel, with much more sophisticated AP.

Display 5) Moving map with digital display of nav stations, w/10 selectable buttons which TBH I'm not even sure of all their functions - I must read up.  😉 

Display 6) Multipanel with switches for; Master Battery and Alternator, Avionics Master, De-ice, Pitot heat, Cowl closure, 6 lights, Gear extension, Flaps extension. Digital display for displaying 5 V-Bugs; V1, V2, VR, VREF & VS0.

Display 7) GPS Flight Planner with all the bells & whistles - looks like the type of planner you find on the heavies.

I ran FSX:SE with FS Radio Panel connected for about 10 hours this weekend without a single hitch, experiencing better stability than I previously did. I recently replaced a wireless NIC and a peripheral for my PC, which leads me to believe I may have had a conflict before that made the FS Panel PC server applet more unstable.

Anyhow...it cost me about $12, so I'm quite happy with it. 

Edited by Kronovan