Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Elevator problem

I just purchased the PC12 and started flying it, but this is ridiculous.  Need just about full down elevator in order to hold level flight.  Went into FSUIPC and did a joystick calibration but it did nothing to fix it.  I also set up elevator trim in FSUIPC but either it is not working or having zero effect on the elevator.  Even after pulling power off, it still requires almost full nose down elevator to maintain level flight.  Never seen an airplane have this kind of problem. Any ideas as to how to solve this?  Thanks

Rodger

Have you checked the elevator trim gauge to confirm trim is/isn't working? No problem here with the elevator. Are you experiencing this problem in clean config or with extended flaps? 

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Have you checked the elevator trim gauge to confirm trim is/isn't working? No problem here with the elevator. Are you experiencing this problem in clean config or with extended flaps? 

Ok, rechecked the elevator trim and it is working, although it seems extremely slow.  However, with flaps up, airspeed at 140 -150 kias it takes 8* of nose down trim to maintain level flight.  No way I would've ever believed that.  But it is what it is.  Just takes forever to get all that trim put in.  After it is trimmed up, it flys great. 

That's weird. What's your trim repeat rate? Trim is very fast on my PC-12.  8° nose down is 50% of the nose down range and the more nose down trim, the more efficient the plane.

Neutral trim is fine for the initial climb out with the flaps up.

Btw, I've just uploaded an improved FDE (from 2018) which e.g. provides a realistic engine start and better engine response. A few small aerodynamic improvements have been included as well.  

On 8/24/2019 at 10:43 PM, FDEdev said:

That's weird. What's your trim repeat rate? Trim is very fast on my PC-12.  8° nose down is 50% of the nose down range and the more nose down trim, the more efficient the plane.

Neutral trim is fine for the initial climb out with the flaps up.

I've never seen a trim rate so slow on an airplane.  Don't know why it's so slow.  Even in the climb with flaps up I still must hold a lot of nose down pressure on the yoke or it will stall if I don't.

Just checked. Without the awful FSX/P3D trim acceleration kicking in, trim from neutral to full nose down takes 4sec. (trim repeat rate at max in the controls menu) 

There must be something really wrong with your PC-12 since, as stated above, she climbs out hands off at neutral trim. What's your pax/bag load?

Edited by FDEdev

I really don't have a trim problem but just asking if there has been an update for the PC12 MOD.  I have V59 installed and run great with great GTN 750 installed?

Thank

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

@FDEdev I'm experiencing the same behavior as C130FE.

I was flying w/ no PAX but full fuel.

I cannot takeoff without setting trim to nosedown otherwise she will stall out and Full yoke deflection to nose down gets me to level flight only, not able to descend unless I lower condition lever to lower airspeed.

NOTE: This occurs with the Carenado site FDE update applied.

I will try to reinstall the FDE update to see if this changes anything and will report back

Edited by cptrobie
add additional info

I'm having this issue too ... having just installed Bert's mod, trying to get to a nice stable climb before letting AP take over for IAS climb.  Feels like trim doesn't work at all!