Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Just posting to stay active - ignore

Guest Paul Heaney

Hehehe, there's not 1 thread you could have replied to? :)

Jerry.Yes - you could have just posted your thoughts on an addon for instance. Or perhaps made some mild comments about the state of our wonderful hobby, or the world in general. Something non-confrontational that people could have read and enjoyed without feeling the need to charge in with all guns blazing.Here are some examples for next time:1. The PMDG 747 is seriously flawed2. I wish Microsoft would hurry up and bring out a new version of FS3. Airbus make much better aircraft than Boeing4. I reckon I could land an airliner with an incapacitated crew5. Payware addons are becoming too expensiveIan:-) :-)

Yes - you could have just posted your thoughts on an addon for instance. Or perhaps made some mild comments about the state of our wonderful hobby, or the world in general. Something non-confrontational that people could have read and enjoyed without feeling the need to charge in with all guns blazing.What's confrontational about "Just posting to stay active - ignore"?! He could've buried a post like that in any other forum that you would not have taken issue with but didn't; big deal. Don't give it a thought, Jerry. Just bury a bone like that somewhere other than where sleeping (junkyard?) dogs lie...

For goodness sake Rick.IT'S A JOKE!!!!I should have posted an explanatory note:"The above post is of course made in jest. It is based on the concept of irony - which is to express meaning through language that normally signifies the opposite, usually for humorous effect."Thus, I suggested that the original poster chose a "non-confrontational" subject of conversation, just so that I could then supply him with examples of topics which in the past have engendered spirited debate and pointed comments, sometimes of a highly confrontational nature...The juxtaposition of these contentious issues with advice to post a benign comment was intended to bring a wry smile to the faces of regular visitors to this forum.With the kindest regardsIan :-roll

If you are just posting "to stay active", then you are not active.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>For goodness sake Rick.>>IT'S A JOKE!!!!>>I should have posted an explanatory note:>>"The above post is of course made in jest. It is based on the>concept of irony - which is to express meaning through>language that normally signifies the opposite, usually for>humorous effect.">>Thus, I suggested that the original poster chose a>"non-confrontational" subject of conversation, just so that I>could then supply him with examples of topics which in the>past have engendered spirited debate and pointed comments,>sometimes of a highly confrontational nature...>>The juxtaposition of these contentious issues with advice to>post a benign comment was intended to bring a wry smile to the>faces of regular visitors to this forum.>>With the kindest regards>Ian >> :-roll ..and we all noticed the smiley at the bottom of this post, eh, Ian? Please don't infer through your verbose response that I am ignorant of the concept of irony. If anything, use that hatrack of yours to employ a little forum etiquette and include the "no harm, no foul" smiley (as you did above). That way, you won't garner such inerudite or heathenistic comments from a lowbrow such as me. My sympathy to your being thin-skinned. Good luck with that...Kinder regards,:*

Well, at the risk of keeping this non-active thread "active", I read these forums several times a week. However, I'm a very in-frequent poster. I'm not always sure when was the last time I replied and/or posted a new thread. So, just to be safe, I post once every 3 months.Sure, I could have posted a reply to any thread and "buried it" I suppose. Maybe, next time, I just reply to a post in the screenshtos forum saying - nice job, or something.Sorry for causing trouble.JerryG

I think it's me that's caused the trouble Jerry.Lack of subtlety was never my strong point.Ian

Jerry,Please accept my apologies for the somewhat hasty comment that I made. I was obviously not thinking clearly, since it is pretty obvious with hindsight that a member can be actively engaged in READING stuff at this site without ever actually responding to it.Sorry about that.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest bonjourmoi44

Only here (I am now of course included) could such a harmless, insignificant and dry post be put into such color. Only here. Good or bad, who knows?! It is just a fact. I think it is hilarious! :-beerchug

I'll drink to that. It's why we love AVSIM. Welcome to the hilarity :D Ian

Always a great bunch of folks here! Thanks all.Glad to raise a mug or two :-beerchug :-beerchugJerryG