Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

aircraft does not taking off

I have searched in several threads about the issue i have without success. 

Randomly i have the issue, that my aircraft doesn´t lift up into the air while take off and i have absolutely no idea what could be wrong. Everything else works as it should. ´So i start with a pushback via GSX, taxi to the runway, line up and set take-off power. The aircraft advance to V1 and at Vr i pull the stick. The aircraft rotate normal but stays on the runway whilst acclerate more and more. At the end i "drive" with the aircraft-butt on the ground into the fence of the airport and into the next trees or houses near the runway. If i pause the Sim and lift the aircraft into the air via slewmode, lets say 10.000 ft agl, it´s falling down like a stone after ending the slewmode. It´s even not gliding, it´s just falling no matter if thrust is full set. 

It is like if the wings are just gone or their lift at least. The weird thing is, that the elevators are working as usual because i can rotate.

To reset or change the situation doesn´t help. Only after a restart of P3D the issue is gone. 

This happens very randomly, no matter what which conditions are set. The annoying portion is, because i haven´t recognized any kind of "scheme" behind this issue it´s impossible to foresee when this will happen and though you have prepared the plane, boarded the Pax, push and start, setting up the Flightplan, ATC and anything else, taxi to the runway set power and you are happy that you are within the scheduled time and then this….and you have to start everything again from scratch. 

Usually before, i used TopCat and the "send"-function to set the load and fuel of the aircraft. Because i thought this could trigger this issue i refueled and load the aircraft manual via the Vehicle menu for the last legs but the issue is still happen. 

I use the A320 FSX-Version from Project-Airbus and the FMGS from Jeehell. I´ve checked the aircraftconfig if there is something lost while the issue appear but it looks as usual. Maybe the .air file is corrupted when this issue happens, but i can´t read the parameters of this file. 

My hope is that maybe someone else had an issue like mine and give me a hint of what can cause this. My guess is, that something in P3D is not loaded correctly on startup which controls the physical data. Or an add-on corrupt these parameters somehow.

I allways use GSX, PF3, MCE, Jeehell FMGS on a separate Server(PC), together with P3d V4.5, HF1.

Anyone an idea or own experience with this issue? 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I´ve didn´t tested this with the P3D origin aircrafts, yet because of the randomness of the issue. I can make, let me say 10 or 20 take-offs with the A320 without any issue. Then on the next flight it happens. The other reason is, that i have no controller hardware connected to the P3D-PC because everything is controlled by the separate FMGS Server-PC. I will give it a try next time i ran into this issue in changing to an P3D native aircraft and try to control it via keyboard. 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

5 minutes ago, BerndB said:

I´ve didn´t tested this with the P3D origin aircrafts, yet because of the randomness of the issue. I can make, let me say 10 or 20 take-offs with the A320 without any issue. Then on the next flight it happens. The other reason is, that i have no controller hardware connected to the P3D-PC because everything is controlled by the separate FMGS Server-PC. I will give it a try next time i ran into this issue in changing to an P3D native aircraft and try to control it via keyboard. 

You need to test if this is a P3D issue or an issue with this particular airplane.

You mentioned it is designed for FSX, as you are aware it is working with P3D but in backward compatibility mode so it is very possible this add-on is hitting a technical difficulty and failing to operate properly under P3D 4.5 HF1.

Confirm if your issue doesn't occur with any other airplane in your fleet, if this is the case then you know where you stand.. you can buy a nice A320 for P3D plenty of options around, FSLABS, AEROSOFT, etc.all of them properly supported for P3D V4X

S. 

Hi,  have you installed any m.a.realturbulence Addon?

we have this issue with prosim 737 and m.a.realturb. on Teneriffe North.

This is similar to an issue with EZCA 2.0, which makes the rudder ineffective and prevents liftoff without extreme provocation. The solution is to go into the Camera Effects and set the 'fuselage shake' slider to zero. Not much help if you don't have EZCA, worth a try if you do.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

One thing that can cause this is a mismatch of units...specifying lbs of fuel or payload when the acft is expecting Kg, which results in a massive overload.  You can check this by looking in the P3D menu and see what the gross weight and fuel loads are (noting the units in use) and whether they make sense.

Trying to take off with the plane improperly configured (flaps up or spoilers deployed) can also result in failure to lift off, as it probably would in the real world (with a lot of warnings going off).  Not sure what panel you're using and if it has configuration checks and warnings.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Are you using a checklist?  If not, don't forget to set elevator trim.  Just a thought.

WarrenJ

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alti said:

Hi,  have you installed any m.a.realturbulence Addon?

we have this issue with prosim 737 and m.a.realturb. on Teneriffe North.

No, i don´t have this. But anyway that´s a hint, that in general it could be, that other addons like AS16, GSX, PFE etc. could interfere with complex aircrafts in P3D under some conditions. 

Bernd

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

One thing that can cause this is a mismatch of units...specifying lbs of fuel or payload when the acft is expecting Kg, which results in a massive overload.  You can check this by looking in the P3D menu and see what the gross weight and fuel loads are (noting the units in use) and whether they make sense.

Trying to take off with the plane improperly configured (flaps up or spoilers deployed) can also result in failure to lift off, as it probably would in the real world (with a lot of warnings going off).  Not sure what panel you're using and if it has configuration checks and warnings.

Regards

Hi Bob, i´ve checked the loads and they are all correct. I don´t use a panel at all. P3D is only the "outside-world" for my Homecockpit, which is running on seperate PC´s via network with Jeehell FMGS. Improper take-off configuration of the aircraft are not the case.

Bernd

13 hours ago, Busdvr said:

Are you using a checklist?  If not, don't forget to set elevator trim.  Just a thought.

WarrenJ

Hi Warren, i even have a Co-Pilot going thru the checklist with me and observes that no item will be forgotten.😉

Bernd

16 hours ago, simbol said:

You need to test if this is a P3D issue or an issue with this particular airplane.

You mentioned it is designed for FSX, as you are aware it is working with P3D but in backward compatibility mode so it is very possible this add-on is hitting a technical difficulty and failing to operate properly under P3D 4.5 HF1.

Confirm if your issue doesn't occur with any other airplane in your fleet, if this is the case then you know where you stand.. you can buy a nice A320 for P3D plenty of options around, FSLABS, AEROSOFT, etc.all of them properly supported for P3D V4X

S. 

Yes, you´re right. Yesterday evening i´ve made for 3 hours only take-off´s and landings on different airports with my bus, but the issue didn´t came around. (As usual when you wanna show someone what´s wrong...🙄)

I´ve posted my issue already months ago, in the "MyCockpit"-Forum, where we users of this particular Aircraft and FMGS-System have an own Forum. But no one else using the Jeehell FMGS seems ever had this issue. That´s the reason why i put into account that this is maybe a P3D-issue especially with complex aircrafts or in conjunction with other addons like AS16, GSX, etc. 

Because i´am using a homecockpit, spreaded via network on different PC´s, the other "Buses" are not useable for me i think. 

Bernd