Sign in to follow this  
Kimp1lot

User defined custom route : TUG not connected

Hello,

@byork , you said that I could select my custom pushback route after the tug being connected.

Currently, if I select "User defined pushback" it opens a window that cannot be closed for me to select my route and then only it connects the tug.

Could something like this be implemented :
- Click on "Pushback sequence".
- Click on "User defined route"
- Ground connects.
- At any time, user is able to open the map and select his route while the ground crew is connected.

You surely take less time than GSX to connect but I assumed your product was featuring this (you said so).

(Of course, routes can be saved in advanced and if I select "Computer defined pushback" I can select any of them, but if the ATC clears me to push somewhere I don't expect, which can happen at airports like EHAM in case traffic is busy, I can only, just like GSX, Kill all operations and reconnect everything again).*

In one sentence : I would like to be able to quickly select my custom route after the tug is connected, without having a window in my way if possible 😄

Hi,

Yes, any pre-saved custom routes are available with this method. What I would like to do is to be able to select my route on the fly, after contact has been established with ground crew.

With the other method, "User Defined", I have to select my route before the ground connects (and the window cannot be closed btw ).

So I would like to be able to connect the ground crew, and then when I'm ready select "Custom route" : the window opens, I quickly sets my route, release the parking brake and push 🙂

Hope it's clear.

Hey, Kimp1lot,

Well we can handle that on a future version, at the moment, we have planned to allow you to select the route before you connect the tug, so if the route is not good, you can select another and when you feel happy with it start the tug sequence, as sometimes when you are with the tug connected, the route you see you may realize it's better a custom route and not an automatically generated one.

Cheers,

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Well we can handle that on a future version

Thanks, that would be great.

The reason why : most of the time, it will be a quite simple push, facing one way or another.
If I plan a push & hold I can do it beforehand as well.
But, in some cases, because of traffic, the ATC may ask me to realize a non-standard procedure (push on A from the G-pier in Amsterdam for instance). The problem is that this pushback clearance doesn't last long ; if I have to "Kill operations" and connect again, then chose my route, when I'll be pushing back my pushback clearance will already most likely be invalid.

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

we have planned to allow you to select the route before you connect the tug, so if the route is not good, you can select another and when you feel happy with it start the tug sequence, as sometimes when you are with the tug connected, the route you see you may realize it's better a custom route and not an automatically generated one.

Yep, what would be nice actually would be the ability to modify the route while the tug is already connected and ground crew ready for push when looking for routes.
Then, you release the parking brake and there you go, the push clearance is not expired 😄

Edited by Kimp1lot